Potions Club

You spend the next few days ignoring Snape completely. You don't even glance at him during class, focusing all your attention on the task at hand. It's favorable for your grade, that week you end up brewing all the potions perfectly and earning perfect marks.  

You hate the part of yourself that still aches for him, even after everything he said. You know you deserve to be treated better and that you shouldn't swoon over someone who keeps pushing you away. So you push that part of yourself down, ignoring any feeling or thought about Snape that tries to crawl its way into your brain.

You even pick up reading as a way to focus your mind on something else. You spend hours in the common room, being one of the last people in there every night.

As a kid, you would spend hours absorbed in books; but, the obsession had faded away as you grew up and started to become more involved in the world around you.

You were grateful to return to it. It was comforting to spend so much time in different realities.

***

Thursday night arrives and you find yourself back in the dungeons after dinner. You take a deep breath before strolling through the open door of the Potions classroom.

It's your first time attending Potions Club and you have no idea what to expect. You see a couple groups of people huddled together at tables around the room, it looks like cliques had already formed in the few meetings they had had this year.

You bite the inside of your cheek as you start making your way to a table away from everyone.

"y/n!" a high pitched voice shouts.

You turn your head and see the voice belongs to a Hufflepuff. You recognize the girl named Aubrey from your Herbology class, you remember being partners with her when the class was growing Mandrakes.

"I didn't know you were in this club!" Aubrey beams at you. Two boys wearing Gryffindor robes are sitting on either side of her.

"I wasn't until now," you laugh as you make your way over to her, "Snape suggested I join a couple of days ago."

"Oh! That would explain why I haven't seen you before." she says, "Do you wanna join our group?"

"Yes, thank you." you sigh with relief, grateful you won't be awkwardly sitting alone in a corner for the next couple of hours.

You walk over to their table and plop down on the open seat across from Aubrey. The other members of the group introduce themselves to you as Lukas and Cyrus. You briefly glance around the room for Snape, but he's nowhere to be found and you assume he's in his office.

The thought of his office fills your mind with memories of how Snape had pressed himself against you while you sat on his desk. You quickly snap out of it, bringing your attention back to the group.

"Let's brew some Amortentia!" Aubrey announces excitedly.

You hold back a laugh. Of course they're brewing Amortentia.

Aubrey leaves to grab the necessary ingredients, and you make conversation with the two Gryffindors. It's kind of nice to have socialization for a change. After a couple of minutes, Aubrey makes her way back to your table.

"Okay, do you guys wanna get started on it?" Aubrey sets the ingredients down and stands by the table.

"Yeah, let's do this." Lukas says, trying to fill his voice with enthusiasm.

You start to prepare the cauldron and measure out a pile of rose petals.

"I'll go grab the Antidote." Aubrey says, running off again.