Chapter 38 : Cliché Harem Drama Plot

A/N~~: I sincerely suggest leaving your common sense behind. This chapter doesn't make any sense!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Su Ying was rubbing his huge belly with his left hand while a book kept hanging on his right one. He didn't even have the interest to read the book. He missed Yusheng so much.

It had been half a month since Yusheng went to deal with the rebels. Before leaving, he kissed Su Ying lovingly and promised to return before he gives birth. It takes minimum 15 days to reach the East border from the capital even if the fastest mean of travel is used. Logically speaking, it should take Yusheng another month to come back no matter how fast he was to deal with the matter. But Su Ying was sure that their Baobao won't wait that long. He was a bit worried. What if Yusheng couldn't come back before he goes into labor? He would be too scared.

Su Ying sighed. Sometimes he wonders if it would have been great if they were commoner. At least his hubby won't have so much burden and will be able to spend as much time as possible with him and their baby. What a selfish thought he has! Su Ying realizes that very clearly.

Su Ying couldn't help but sigh again.

Fang Zhi looked at her master and felt sad. Her master has became so sluggish... *cough* sad since the General went to the East. Her master has been eating a bowl less. Well, he used to eat seven bowls per meal but lets ignore that.

Su Ying was thinking about what to think, what to do. He missed Yusheng and was bored at the same time. He wised for something exciting to happen.

Did that wish come true?

Well, it did. The God who choked Su Ying to death loved him to the point of causing chaos just to get rid of Su Ying's boredom and create some excitement in his life. Look! At! This! Simp!

Just then, the guard captain and Steward Huang requested audience. They looked anxious as the butler Huang said, "Madam, the guards have found some suspicious people roaming outside the estate. They... seem to have been wearing the rebels clothing."

Rebels of the Qin empire are led by the the small nobles, officials and wealthy people from the previous Emperor's reign who were punished by the current Emperor for slave trading when he ascended the throne. The previous Emperor wasn't a good ruler to the common citizens. The situation of slave trading was horrible. Most people in power were corrupted which made the citizens live a poor life. They became doubtful of the rulers.

When the current Emperor ascended the throne, in order to win the citizens trust, he annulled the 'slave trade' law and punished those involved with it. So basically, the rebels are people who are in favor of 'slave trading'. It might sound stupid, but it is true.

Su Ying frowned at what the Steward said. He looked at the guard captain and asked,

"So... What do you think their intention is? Aren't they suppose to be at the East border or anywhere else but here? It can't be they are near our estate at this time just to take a stroll and admire the beauty of our place?"

Su Ying is smart. But he's a researcher. Not a politician or military expert. Don't expect him to know everything.

"Madam, it is indeed a bit weird for them to be near our estate. Rebels are stronger than common people. However, they are neither strong nor bold enough to challenge us. Who doesn't know the power of the General's people? But from what our shadow guards have found after investigating the suspicious people in the 'rebels' clothing, they seem to be proficient in martial arts and are quite strong. They... don't seem to be the rebels at all. I'm afraid... there is something going on."