8

Potential Trigger Warning, like the whole chapter. Fighting, yelling, self blame.

"Well, on the first night here, I was on my way back to my room, and Antonio might have grabbed my wrist a little too hard..." I mumbled out

"But, I'm pretty sure it wasn't his fault; I think he was drunk?" I rushed out quickly afterward.

My second sentence must not have registered with half my brothers because as soon as the first one was out?

Well, after that, all Hell broke loose.

***

*Emma POV*

Marco was the first to move. His fist connected with Antonio's face and an audible crunch was heard.

I flinched, being all too familiar with that sound, except I was usually on the receiving end of it.

I looked over to Alessandro with pleading eyes; surely, he would do something?

To my surprise, he just sat there, watching the scene unfold in front of him.

When his eyes finally connected with mine, an involuntary shiver went down my spine.

His eyes, Oh God, his eyes.

They held the flames of Hell themselves.

His normally hazel eyes had changed to a more gold color, and one look at him and you would know that he was barely containing his anger.

To me, it wasn't that big of a deal. It was only one small bruise.

Unbeknownst to me, while I had this internal struggle in my head, more of my brothers had joined Marco.

For some reason, dumb, idiot Antonio wasn't standing up for himself and was just letting his brothers pummel him.

I hated this, I really really hated this. No one deserved to get hurt on my account.

I sat there, in a shock like phase, trying to process what was going on.

Suddenly I felt very, very calm, like the calm before a storm, and I jumped into action.

I started shouting at my brothers to stop, but they wouldn't listen.

The only logical thing to do was use brute force.

And so, I stood on top of the couch, and jumped onto one of my brothers backs.

I really hoped it wasn't Marco, but how was I supposed to know?

Who knows people from their backs??

*Antonio POV*

I felt sick to my stomach.

I knew I wasnt the best person, but hurting my sister? I would never go this low, not intentionally at least.

However, I didn't get much time to dwell on my thoughts before I heard the whoosh of air next to my ear and the blinding pain in my nose.

My eyes teared up, but I did nothing to stop the oncoming punches.

I deserved them, after all.

I hurt my brothers, and I's most prized person.

Emma.

And so I laid there like a rag doll, taking punch after punch, nearing the edge of complete darkness.

I just laid there until I saw Emma jump ontop of Marco.

If I wasnt in so much pain, I probably would have a laughed at the sight.

Emma was riding Marco like a bull, barely holding on.

However, I couldn't let her get hurt. Not again.

By the time I had summoned enough energy to try and warn my brothers, it was too late.

Someone had already elbowed her, right in her ribs.

*Emma POV*

I was currently on Marco's back holding on for dear life as he tried to fling me off.

Not gonna lie this was kinda fun.

Oh my gosh is this what riding one of thos mechanical bulls feels like.

How fun.

FOCUS EMMA.

Right, right where was I?

Oh yeah currently on Marco's back.

I was just sitting here idly, when I felt an elbow get pushed into my ribs.

My very badly bruised, or maybe even broken ribs.

As waves of pain washed over me I lost my grip on Marco's back and fell to the floor, hitting my head hard.

I let out a little shriek of pure pain, as not only were my ribs on fire and consuming the rest of my body with that fire, I had a headache now too.

I laid on the floor, room spinning as a myriad of questions

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm so sorry."

A myriad of statements and questions flew at me, and I just couldn't keep up.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine, just fine, yes I'm fine-"

"Really, because you're repeating your words, and you don't look completely stable," Luca stated.

"Yeah, you might want to catch me," I said before letting the all too familiar darkness consume me.