❦ two.

: flexible so elastic, but don't you dare bend a bitch backwards :

☁️ Loyalty ☁️

It was almost midnight, meanwhile CJ and I had been walking around the area just to get out of the house. It's been about two days since Summer started, and everyone's out and about during the day. At night, it's quiet and relaxing. We're most likely to be alone with our thoughts, without interruptions.

Earlier I had told my mama I was gonna be with CJ for the weekend, 'cuz I knew she would get on my ass if I was out at this hour when I'm supposed to be back home. Although I'd turned eighteen in January, I still live under my mama's roof so I'mma still respect her rules. If I wanted to make my own, then I had to live on my own.

Which is something I'm truly not ready for if I'm being honest. When I was in elementary school, the excitement of growing up had always gotten me hype. Driving, getting my own place, college (which was now out of the question)—just bein' an adult all together basically.

But once I walked across the stage about a week or two ago, my whole childhood flashed before my eyes. You really don't know how scary becoming an adult is until it actually happens. I have absolutely no idea what I wanna do with my life, and that's a thought process that consumes my ass on a daily basis. There's many career choices to choose from, but just thinking about it is so intimidating to me.

CJ has had her whole life planned out since forever. All she ever talks about is starting her own business, but she's not sure of what business she wants it to be actually. She's been lookin' into cosmetology, hairstyling, nail tech, and basically anything that has to do with fashion. And I'm not surprised, one glance at CJ and you can tell she's all about fashion.

I try my best not to think too much about it, and I just wanna enjoy the moments I have left before I actually have to figure things out. Thas' all I wanna do.

"Oh my God, Tee, did you see 'dat shit!? I did it!" CJ practically squealed, stepping down from her skateboard in which she had just flipped, 'nd she's been attempting to do so for the longest. Picking up her skateboard, she then approached me as I was barely a couple feet behind watching her have the time of her life when she was skateboarding down the empty roads.

"Yeah, I saw," I smiled from how proud she was, "If I tried that shit I would break my damn neck."

"You jus' need a little practice, thas' all it takes," CJ encouraged as she was now walking by my side, the only thing being heard besides her delicate voice was the sound of dogs barking in the distance. Shaking my head at her, I adjusted the hood of the plain black hoodie I was wearing. It was hot as hell earlier, but it was usually kinda breezy at night. Though it still rounded to warmth, my hoodies are my safe space.

"Girl," I started, "no amount of practice I get'a help me do the shit you do on that thing."

Earning a wholehearted laugh from CJ in response, she then expressionlessly huffed before there was a casual silence between the two of us that lasted about five seconds.

"I'm goin' to the skatin' park tomorrow wit' Rocky," CJ told me, "You should come, y'know she wouldn't have a problem wit' teachin' you tha' basics. I would do it, but I'm still lowkey learnin' myself. Both of our necks can't be out hea' broke."

"I'mma pass on 'dat," I denied her offer, "Ain't no way I'm leavin' that park alive."

Rocky was a another girl CJ had met at the skatepark about twenty minutes away almost two months ago. They bonded a lot when it came to skateboarding or hobbies in general, and Rocky was actually a really nice person. Actually that's an understatement, she's a complete sweetheart that it would be hard not to like her. They'd hang out a lot when CJ went to the skatepark, because I never wanted to go myself.