88 - Hope

Neville had the brightest smile on his face as he saw you all. Almost the same one he had when he saw you a few months ago. He was still the same Neville you'd seen when you came to Hogwarts, he was brave, a leader ... a true Gryffindor, anyone could see that. Everyone now had a beaming smile on their faces, especially the Golden Trio. 

"I knew you'd come! I told them all! Harry Potter would never abandon Hogwarts!" Neville spoke with a relieved tone, the smile still on his face.

"Neville..." Hermione whispered softly in disbelief. 

Neville jumped down from the tunnel to greet you all. His clothes were torn, his face was swollen and he had multiple gashes on his face. The sight made your heart sink slightly knowing your father was still letting this happen at Hogwarts, it broke your heart. 

"Nice to see you again (y/n)!" Neville smiled, pulling you into a hug. 

"And you Neville." You smiled back, pulling away to look at the state of him. 

"Neville you look -" Harry was cut off as he spoke. 

"Like hell? I reckon. This is nothing. Seamus is worse. You'll see. Hermione! Ron! Fred!" Neville embraced them all, his smile growing wider as he did so. "Hey, Ab. There might be a couple more people on the way."

Aberforth was stood in the doorway watching Ariana as she drifted back into the painting. He gave Neville a small nod off approval before the Gryffindor boy spoke again. 

"Well? Ready?"

The five of you climbed into the tunnel and began to walk through the passage which led to Hogwarts. This was it. There was no turning back now. 

"I don't remember this being on the Marauder's Map," Ron said as you reached the other side of the tunnel. 

"That's because it never existed till now. The seven secret passages were sealed off when (y/n) and Fred broke into Hogwarts." Neville spoke as he shifted slightly to open the door on the other side. "This is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with DeathEaters and Dementors."

"How bad is it, Neville? With Snape as Headmaster." Hermione asked. 

"Hardly ever see him. It's the Carrows you have to watch out for."

"Hardly ever see him?" You raised your brows at Neville's words. "I thought he was disciplining everyone of at least teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts." 

"Nope, not at all." He replied. 

"The Carrows?" Fred asked. 

"Brother and sister. They're in charge of discipline. Like punishment, the Carrows." Neville turned and pointed to the gash on his cheek. 

"They did that to you? But why?" Hermione asked. 

"Today's Dark Arts lesson had us practising the Cruciatus Curse. On First Years. I refused. Hogwarts has changed." He grinned whilst everyone else other than you gave him a ghastly look. "Aw, c'mon. Don't be grim. We're all used to it by now. And the thing is, it helps when people stand up, gives everyone hope. I used to notice that when you did it, Harry. C'mon, we're almost there." 

He now paused, another grin on his face as he knew what was going to transpire. Turning to you all he spoke again. "Let's have a bit of fun, shall we?" He opened the door. "Hey! Listen up, you lot! I've brought you a surprise!"

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking, I hope. Be a surprise if we could digest it." Seamus said, clearly not bothered. 

Neville moved aside so now everyone in the room of requirement could see Harry and the rest of you, the five of you jumped down from the passageway and made your way into the middle of the room. The moment everyone's eyes fell onto you loud cheers erupted from the room.