Chapter 22: Search

Seraphina and Remi sat together in the magenta girls dorm room.

They had pushed away her desk chair and we're currently going through Remi's papers as they sat on the ground.

When Sera had asked the pinkette to help her search for John, this wasn't what she had in mind.

Remi had quite literally brought over an entire bulletin board filled with red string and photos laid over a map of the general Wellston area.

She had used it to track down EMBER and gain insight on their whereabouts.

But now, she had repurposed it to help them find the ravenette.

Their plan so far was to visit the places John had been to frequently and ask around. He couldn't resist boba tea and as much as he hated the mall, it had become a habit for him to stop by an arcade shop the two of them would visit.

Then of course, there was also the supermarket (for obvious reasons) and a small vendor in the park who sells smoothies in the spring, ice cream in the summer and hot chocolate/coffee in the fall. They weren't open during the winter so if Sera and Remi wanted to talk to the burly man, they'd have to do it now.

If John had gone to any of these places before the incident, he would've interacted with someone there.

Maybe they could give them clues to see if John had been acting abnormal in those days following up to the fire or if there were some strange things happening.

They knew it was a long shot, but, it couldn't hurt to try and retrace their steps. If someone had seen anything, it might lead them a step closer to John.

Remi pinned another tack to Woaba Boba.

Seraphina sighed as the pinkette looked to her. "We would always go there on Tuesdays and weekends to grab a drink. There's a lady there named Aria who typically takes our orders."

Remi nodded as she grabbed a note pad, a pen in her hand. "Can you describe her to me so we know who to find?"

The magenta haired girl nodded as she shut her eyes in recollection. "She's around mid height. Short lilac hair in a bob cut with fringe bangs and she has rose colored eyes."

Remi finished writing down the description and soon stuck it to the board next to the tack.

She huffed as she wiped her brow. "There. We can start with the mall and Woaba Boba for now. I would say the school but we can't have students knowing just yet. Not until Keene addresses things first with...the authorities."

Sera raised an eyebrow at Remi's sudden change in demeanor as she crossed her legs. The pinkette had been acting strange since arriving. She seemed almost tense and very jumpy which wasn't like her.

The magenta haired girl thought nothing of it until now. "Remi, are you alright? You've been acting kinda jittery ever since you got here."

Remi didn't know what to say as she let her thoughts run. 'Darn it! I don't know if I can tell her...Keene said to keep quiet about all of this. But I want to tell her...I don't want to keep secrets from her like Rei and Blyke did with me.'

The queen bit her lip, fiddling with her fingers. 'Out of everyone here, she's the most at risk. She should know to keep her guard up- No! You can't Remi! You'll only put a bigger target on her back! She may be at risk, but if the authorities or EMBER catch on, she won't be able to protect herself.'

Remi peered over at the girl who sat there waiting for an answer. 'Ok, if need be, I'll tell her...just not right now.'

She plastered a smile on her face as she chuckled slightly. "Don't worry about me Seraphina. I'm just...still a little emotional over the safe house closing. I'll be ok. I just need some time."