NINETEEN.

"Hey Papa," Kash smiled widely, picking up Kasiah's FaceTime call

"Hey Papa," Kash smiled widely, picking up Kasiah's FaceTime call. It was the week of Valentine's day now, also Kash's official second week at her new job.

She was enjoying it so far, she had a much more productive workload here, she felt like her degree was being put to use. Most of her coworkers were women, which was very inspiring for her to see, and the men there were all respectful and very kind.

Her supervisors were present, almost every day. They walked the office and helped when needed, it was a complete change of atmosphere. Her salary, also was completely changed. She was making more—and doing more. She still had a teleworking option, and a work laptop that they let her take home but she had yet to use it, she was saving it for when her cycle had her completely incapacitated again.

Right now, she was having some downtime after completing an assignment—early. She had just made some tea in the break room and grabbed one of the million snacks she had stored in her drawer.

"Hey, P. How's your day going?" he huffed, as if he just finished running.

"It's been fine, baby. What you been doing? Still moving some stuff?" she asked, taking a sip of the tea.

Kasiah had gotten approved for his apartment literally 48 hours after he applied—it wasn't a long process and thanks to his dad's advice to him, he was at the top of the list and given a move in date of the very next week. He'd been moving things and packing up slowly, so far he took his summer clothes and his playstation as well as his tv.

But, she didn't know what he'd taken today, clearly it was a lot.

"Yeah, took off work to move this damn bed, and my dressers, so I got that," he said. "I still gotta bring my bathroom stuff and the rest of my clothes but I'm just about done after that," he explained and she nodded along. "You gon come see me after work?" he raised his eyebrows and she grinned widely.

"Of course I am," she said. "I can bring some stuff, you know I gotta pass your dad's house on my way home.

"That would help me out, thank you baby," he said. "Whatchu have for lunch? Food I hope," he raised his eyebrows, referring to the time last week where she just didn't eat because she was so swamped with work.

"Ba—it was one time please leave me alone," she giggled. "I went to this lil place down the street with one of my coworkers. She swears by it so I tried it," she told him.

He usually called her on her lunch break or when he had downtime and she was free, which was like once a day. He was so used to just picking up his phone and calling her before he forgot she was employed and couldn't pick up.

"You excited for Friday night?" she cheesed. Kash, like most other holidays, loved Valentine's day. She begged Siah to let her plan their date, and she had everything ready already—well almost.