Bête, Elodie

Author's note: CW: VERBAL CHILD ABUSE

having some really cheery chapters here, aren't we? again, be kind to yourself and ask for help if you need it <3

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

September 5, 1993

The teams were escorted off the pitch hastily with everyone else, and Elodie couldn't focus. She felt like she was a bucket of heavy, cold, water being dragged up slowly from a well.

Fred and George were calling her, but their shouts seemed fuzzy and far off. The voice was gone; meaning the worst was over. But the scream was still reverberating around her mind like an echo in a parking garage, and the image of Harry falling from the sky scorched into her mind.

He had been taken to the hospital wing, of course, and that was where Elodie was planning on going.

She made a beeline through the thick crowd of people towards the stairs, and reached the large wooden doors of the hospital just as Ron and Hermione did.

"Elodie." Someone called.

"Elodie!" Hermione was waving a hand in front of her face. "Are you alright?"

She shook her head, zoning in on their voices. "Ron. Hermione. S-Splendid. Are they letting us see him?"

"I'd sure hope so!" Fred was climbing the stairs behind them.

"Ron, what is it you've got in your arms? Surely you and 'Mione aren't with child?!" George popped out behind his twin, grinning at a small bundle of blankets Ron was clutching.

Ron's ears turned a brilliant shade of red, and he rolled his eyes at his brother. "It's Harry's broomstick, if you must know. Fell into the Whomping Willow."

Fred, George, and Elodie winced collectively. Ron was holding out the bundle-which, to be fair, did look slightly like a baby at a far distance. Harry's perfect, trusty Nimbus 2000 was in shambles.

"Oh no!" Katie gasped, clearly slightly out of breath from running up the stairs. Alicia was following behind her.

"If you would please keep it down-oh. You're all on the team, aren't you?" Madame Pomfrey stuck her head out of the doors.

"Can we see him?" Hermione asked eagerly.

"Yes, I suppose, dear." The healer sighed, admitting them into the wing.

Harry was laying unconscious in one of the cots, a sharp cut on his arm and his face three shades paler than usual.

"Oh, blimey, he looks awful." Ron whispered fearfully.

"I mean, he did fall nearly 500 meters..." Elodie reasoned, staring down at her helpless teammate.

"Yeah, Ron, let's push you off the astronomy tower and see how you look." Fred snorted.

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does." Harry's sarcastic voice was weak, and his green eyes looked dull and half-open.