𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

I 023

I 023. I

𝑾𝒂𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑽𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔

❝ mist fountain ❞

     PERCY AND ARIADNE HAD ALREADY WRESTLED FIVE TIMES IN THE FIRST FEW HOURS OF HALLOWEEN. The first three had been over taunts and mocking jokes about the other, and of course, she had won them. The last two had been over who would get to try Sally's special Halloween cookies first. Sally ended up having to break them apart with empty threats of no cookies when neither would listen, but she laughed when Ariadne put her son in a headlock and kept him pinned to the ground while he struggled.

Ariadne knew she had won once he whined loudly about how she was always cheating. After letting him go, he pouted and gave her the silent treatment, pretending as if she wasn't there. She didn't mind, it was amusing how badly he tried to be mad at her. And according to Sally, Percy was going to continue ignoring her for the rest of the holiday thanks to her 'cheating ways', whatever that meant.

She knew he would have trouble ignoring her when she got enough blue candy to spike his interest. Percy was a sucker for anything blue, especially airheads. They were his favorite aside from blue jelly beans his mom used to bring home when she had been working at the candy store when he was younger. Ariadne had planned on surprising him with a bag once they were planning on watching a movie with his parents. She smiled to herself just thinking about how happy he would be.

Her hands grabbed the mist fountain that Aria had made in her apartment. It was a stony gray, with small etchings of Ancient prophecies and stories that were told in the heavens above. Water bubble in the basin which sounded like the creek at camp. Percy and her would often use it to Iris-Message their friends, and most of the time Percy would barge in on her conversations with her brothers or Annabeth before telling her he needed to talk with Grover. She was always worried something terrible had happened to their satyr friend, but overhearing Percy and Grover squeal about a random animal Grover had helped and used the empathy link to show to the son of Poseidon made her roll her eyes.

Ariadne had to drag Percy away from the fountain to even talk with Grover for a few seconds before she was shoved away by her boyfriend. She missed the satyr with all her heart, and whenever he would tell her his exact location, she would use all her might to grow a few grape vines and watch as his eyes lit up and ate a handful at a time.

She turned the water to mist with a simple turn of the knob, and a fraction of light appeared. Ariadne called for the goddess Iris, and soon, the image of a tired Annabeth and a bored Andrea appeared in the room. Both of them perked up at the sight of their beautiful, brunette friend, smiles crossing their faces. "Hey, guys."

"Sup, Ari," Andrea said, shoving Annabeth over to get closer to the message. "How's everything over there?"

She shrugged. "Same old, same old. Percy has a head full of kelp, Sally being amazing, Paul asking me about more stories from my time at camp, me hating school. But I am excited to see you guys today, I've missed you."