Sleep Like Death

A/N: The gown Harry changes Brielle into ^^^ I think it's super pretty :D 

Third Person

Fairy Godmother had been led up to the tower where the battle had been finished by Mal. As soon as they got up there Fairy Godmother rushed to Audrey in a slight panic but calmed down once she realized she was alive. Mal furrowed her brow as she looked down at her mother's scepter, and at least to her it looked worn out and broken. She carefully picked it up and turned to Fairy Godmother,

"Hey FG, come take a look at this"

She said which made Fairy Godmother trot over to her and look at the crystal as well. Fairy Godmother raised a brow and slowly took it from Mal as she examined the cracked Dragons Eye,

"It wasn't like this before it was stolen, do you have a clue what could've done this?"

Mal could only shake her head, but Fairy Godmother had a bit of an idea about the cracked scepter. She'd have to look into that later when she gets the chance. Mal suddenly realized that's why the fight was so easy, the scepter was damaged and losing energy, no wonder it wasn't anywhere near strong enough to beat her.

But the question is, what would be strong enough to break the scepter in such a dramatic way?

Harry had carefully gotten Brielle out of the restricting and rather tight-fitting outfit and into something he knew she enjoys far greater. A pastel blue flowy gown that was all about being loose-fitting. He had carefully laid her hair across her pillow and had taken her hairbrush from her vanity and gently brushed through her hair with slow care. He then went to the bathroom and got out her nightly routine of products as he's seen her do it plenty so he decided to do it for her. He gently wiped off all of her makeup before going as far as to use moisturizer and all, all while he sat staring at her unchanging facial expression.

Once Harry was finished settling a far more comfortable Brielle, he sat back down in the chair he had pulled up next to her bedside. He gently grasped her hand in both of his and silently allowed tears to fall as he just stared at her peaceful figure, watching her chest rise and fall like a slow metronome. Harry felt the guilt all rush back to him as the scene replayed in his head over and over again, for he truly believed that he should be the one laying here unresponsive, not Brielle.

Harry didn't believe Brielle deserved to be cursed at all, he began thinking how many bad things that he had done in his life and began to wonder so many terrible thoughts as no one was there to stop him. Did he deserve to be saved from the curse? He didn't believe so, but he knew he couldn't keep going down that thought train. Harry was very aware of how dangerous such negative thoughts could be.

So Harry decided to do something that normally helped stop those thoughts, he scooted his chair a little closer to Brielle's bedside and gently laid his head on her chest like he always did. He smiled a bit as he felt the rise and fall of her chest now. He kept one of her hands in his and brought his other hand up to cup her cheek, all while he fiddled with her ring finger once again. He knew the ring was in his pocket at this very moment and it was killing him, but he looked at Brielle with a smile for he was trying to keep his spirits light for her.

As Harry fiddled with Brielle's ring finger, he subconsciously began to think of a much happier scene. The day Harry looked at Brielle and time seemed to stop for a moment or two, about three months ago they were at the enchanted lake for a date when the two were having a romantic moment. The two had begun slow dancing in the gazebo for no real reason, they just wanted to. The exact moment was when Harry had slowly spun Brielle, but just as her hair flipped around and their eyes met again while she smiled a bright smile, it was like the world stopped. The dazzle in her eye and the way her gaze carried so much unconditional love for him, all the way to the way she batted her lashes and giggled like a child as they danced in the soft sunlight beside the shimmering lake.