Chapter 4

Going back to the Xu manor is definitely not in her original plan. Considering that she still don't know how to go back so she decided to have some fun in the capital.

"Miss remember. Be very gentle and poised. No screaming, no fighting and no informal speech." Jiang Mama once again remind Xu Ling Ai.

After the knocking head incident, Jiang Mama had to teach all over again about the rules and manner to Xu Ling Ai. She even borrow some historical book for Xu Ling Ai to read.

"I know. I know. Don't worry." According to Jiang Mama, she is supposed to be the most gentle and good-natured girl because that is the real Xu Ling Ai's personality.

"Jiang Mama I want to thanked you for everything. I might not remember everything that you've done for me. But I am forever grateful. Please be happy and stay healthy." Xu Ling Ai has decided to let Jiang Mama go.

"Miss. This old woman wish nothing but for you to be happy. Your mother will be very satisfied if you live your life the way you want." Jiang Mama started to shed tears.

She loves Xu Ling Ai just like her own daughter. But she is also grateful that Xu Ling Ai let her go back to her hometown.

"Don't make me sad." Xu Ling Ai said. She had been there only for two weeks but Jiang Mama treat her with utmost care and kindness.

Before Jiang Mama left, Xu Ling Ai mumbled a small thank you. Xu Ling Ai hate partings moment but she can't be selfish. They then parted their ways in the middle of capital.

Xu Ling Ai proceed her journey alone. Thus the actual reason she agreed on going back is because of she wanted to see the real face of Xu Manor.

'Why do I feel like I am familiar with this place.' Xu Ling Ai thought.

However, the quiet moment soon quickly cut off by a hard thud of the carriage she is on. She heard a loud voice from opposite of her carriage.

"Whoever inside! Come out this instant. You dared to crashed my palanquin. What a lowly carriage you had that you dared to crashed mine!"

It belong to one of the minister's son, Mo Li Huai. He is the infamous arrogant playboy in Luoyang.

Xu Ling Ai slowly went down from the palanquin. People might think that she is very elegant but actually the robe is too long and she is afraid if she suddenly step on it.

Her face was covered by a simple white veil so the people couldn't see her face.

"Mister I'm sorry if my carriage hit yours. Please pardon us." Xu Ling Ai is not someone who won't apologise for her mistakes.

"You easily want to walk away?! I'm in a very bad mood. I won't let you go today!" Mo Li Huai deliberately let his voice be heard by all the spectators.

"Piss off gadzooks! I'm in a hurry. I already apologise but you're just trying to pick a fight! I got something else to do rather than playing with you." Xu Ling Ai finally snapped. Being polite to someone like him is not worth it.

The crowd feel so curious about the newly girl. They could tell in one glance she is not from here. Even her language mixed with unknown words.

She turned to leave but Xu Ling Ai suddenly being pulled forcefully from behind.

Mo Li Huai grab her hand roughly. It will surely leave a bruise.

Wasn't expecting that, she stumbled before she fell on the ground. Unintentionally, the luxurious jade also slipped from her robes.

"Yaishh you motherfuck- Fuhh I'm about to curse again because of you. You come here!" She was about to push him back but his face in horror state stopped her.

"If I get transferred to Stone Age Period, I will bring you with me. So I can eat you." Xu Ling Ai expressed her anger while glaring at Mo Li Huai.

The crowd was about to laugh at her but immediately stopped by the significant jades. Gasps and whisper instantly can be heard from the crowd.

"It was the general's royal jade."

"She must be someone important to the Duke Su."

"Mo Li Huai is over."

Xu Ling Ai immediately stand up and glared at the man in front of her. She was so mad. Even in the ancient era, men is useless. They only use their strength on women.

"I'm sorry I don't know you are His Highness person. Please don't tell His Highness. I'm begging you!" Mo Li Huai suddenly got on his knees.

Xu Ling Ai was about to scold him but he suddenly beg and everyone's attention is on her waiting her to make decision. So she let him go as she don't even know how to punish him.

"You better change. Or I will teach you on how to respect others!" Xu Ling Ai show him a fist as a warning.

If he did not apologise, he will become the first ever ancient people to taste her punch. But he apologise so she let it away.

Her father in the modern world always teach her to forgive and forget. So she somehow got used to it. But when she is over her patient limit, war is coming.

Seeing her glare, he quickly scram with his palanquin. Giving way for the lady to get through.

Her mind has been fill with the reaction she got when they saw the jade.

"Is this jade belong to Duke Su because his title is here? But what is the connection with the general?"

She look at the jade in her hands. Seems like it is very important so she couldn't sell it. Xu Ling Ai want to return it to its owner.

'Thought I'm gonna have some money hmm.. But who is this general and Duke Su? Are one of them is the same person as the other night?' She sighed heavily.

Her silver is no more so how is she gonna go for shopping?

P.S.
How old are y'all?

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R