Chapter 10: To be a Princess

The next morning after Lyrica's first day it was time for her to start her schedule. Ava had helped her pick out clothes for today that would be appropriate to wear as a royal. Cassien wanted her to wear trends royals wear in her stay here so that she could assimilate into the society. She wore a white button up blouse and pink trousers. After getting dressed up she went down for breakfast to grab some oatmeal and a banana. After her meal it would be time to start her schedule with Jeremiah.

"Okay Lady Lyrica today we're going to learn a lot of things. First I thought that we would get started with the history of Valentino." Jeremiah lead her to the library where they would be doing most of her studies. The library was at the western wing of the estate and it was huge. There were books everywhere and above the ceiling was a circular stained glass window.

Lyrica sat down at a desk near one of the bookshelves. Jeremiah went over to find some books to start off with. After a few minutes he had a couple of books in his arms and he placed the stake of books in front of her.

"Wow...This is a lot." Lyrica scanned the stack of books from top to bottom. It felt a bit overwhelming for her. She knew she never read this many textbooks in high school.

"Well first I wanted to start off with how Valentino came to be." Jeremiah grabbed the first book and placed it in front of her.

Lyrica opened it to the first page and the first page showed a family tree. It first starts off with the first king of Valentino, Christian Valentino, then it branches off to the royal bloodline. At the end it showed the current royal family.

"Right here are the Prince's parents. Their names are Catriona Valentino and Claud Valentino." Jeremiah pointed to their pictures, "Right here is his highness Prince Cassien and his young brother Peter."

"Wow they look like the spitting images of their parents." Stated at their photos for a while.

"Moving on..." Jeremiah turned the page for her, "Right here are the royal families of the Central part of the kingdom. As you can see the House of Castillo, House of Trinity, and the House of Montgomery."

In the book it showed the pictures of the first founder of each house. Lyrica's own house caught her eye because she noticed the founder was a women. She had pink eyes and dark long silky hair.

"The House of Castillo's founder was a women?" Lyrica asked Jeremiah.

"Yes, her name was Diana Castillo. They called her the Aphrodite of Valentino, her beauty was like a rose as cheesy as it sounds. The pink eyes you have is the trademark of the Castillo family. They say the God's gave her pink eyes after shielding her lover from an arrow."

"Woah, she sounds so cool!" Lyrica said excited, "And these are the other Houses...Are they also families of Dukes?"

"No..." Jeremiah pointed his finger at the text, "Right here it gives details on the Houses. So for Trinity Household their head is a Marquess and for the Montgomery Household their head is an Earl. They actually have children around the same age as you and I. The Trinity Household has an only child named Ariana Trinity. The Montgomery Household has a son and daughter. The eldest daughter is named Elizabeth Montgomery, while the son is named James Montgomery."

"Oh." Lyrica was trying to remember the information he just told her, but it just felt like a bunch of words so she just nodded her head.

They continued the lesson for another three hours. It was the longest time Lyrica has ever spent studying. Periodically she would close her eyes for a bit, but Jeremiah would lightly tap on her to wake her back up. Lyrica learned a lot, from the different parts of the kingdoms, their respective households, and what they specialize in. But, she wasn't quite sure if she was able to retain the information quite well. After their lesson Jeremiah allowed her to take a break.