05 : 𝖶𝖺𝗒 𝖳𝗈 𝖸𝗈𝗎

[🐚]

[Taehyun's POV]

"The number you're trying to call is currently out of reach. Please try again later."

Crap! Where is she?! I've been trying to contact Y/N since this early morning but she's always out of reach. When I got to her room, she wasn't there. She was nowhere around the mansion.

"On God's earth-"

"Why, good morning, sir."

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I encountered Mark in the hall. He was holding a feather duster, suit concealed under a white apron.

"Where's Y/N? Why isn't she here?"

"Y/N?" He raised a brow. "She's in Jindo."

"Jindo?!" I almost cussed. "As in the province- God. Why would she be there?!"

"Mr. Kang allowed her to take weekend breaks. I believe she'll return here by Monday."

Pushing my hair back in annoyance, Mark watched me bottling my irritation. So she's out of my league for two days, huh? She can't be serious. Dad can't give her two days off and still pay her $500!

"Tell the maids to pack my things." I ordered, grabbing my car key.

[Y/N's POV]

Nothing beats the life in the province. Especially when you've come to know the sea all your life. My home in Jindo is definitely something not to miss. The roaring waves, blue skies, grainy sand, noisy locals, sea breeze in your nose, seagulls flying, everything is dear to me.

"Y/N!" Mother came to me, running. "My baby!"

"Mother~" I sang, letting myself into her arms.

She squeezed me so tight, I swear I've heard my bones crack. She cradled me like there's no tomorrow before pulling away to look me into the eyes. God, mother's eyes have gone older and tired.

"How are you? Have you been eating well? You've lost some weight, Y/N. You haven't been catching sickness, have you?"

"I'm fine, Seoul is fine, I'm doing great, mom." I laughed dryly. "You worry too much."

"Well, I'm your goddamn mother. I do what I got to do, lady."

She led me to the familiar path to our humble home. Dad was there who just got back from the sea with loads of fish in his bucket. My little cousins were inside, cleaning the fish tank I remembered keeping for years. New fish have been added, however, a lot have died too.