None of his business.

A classical ringtone pulled me out of my slumber and very slowly I opened my eyes, looking around Jordan's game room at all of the faces pointing in our direction.

"Hello?" Liam answered, sounding more awake than he looked, he rubbed his eyes.

"Yes?"

I could see the fear climbing in his expression and my brow furrowed with bewilderment.

"Interview?"

"They are just going to ask me about soccer?"

"Okay."

"Okay." He repeated once more before hanging up.

We waited for him to elaborate but he rubbed the back of his neck and sat quietly, swallowing down the fear I could see so clearly on his face.

"So you gonna tell us or did your phone call just wake us up for no reason?" Jordan asked with a raspy voice.

"I have got to do an interview on Friday to announce my new position. It's gonna be on tv and in a magazine. It's live."

The room erupted in cheers and claps, congratulating him once again on his success but he didn't seem to be enjoying it and I knew he was frightened. This was a big leap for him.

"Hey, you know you don't have to tell them anything, right?" I stroked his arm to offer comfort. He smiled softly at me but it didn't reach his eyes.

"My manager said any skeletons in my closet will be dragged out by the media. I don't know what would be worse, me telling them or them just finding out."

"That's bullshit Liam, even if the court case blows up in the media they can't reveal the victims name. It's illegal. The only people that know are the people in this room and it's not like we're going to sell a story." Jordan was the voice of reason in Liams storm.

"Well... Lola knows." Zak pointed out.

"She won't say anything." Liam said instantly.

"And Reece." Ben added.

"This is your truth Liam, you tell it whenever you want. Or don't. It's completely up to you and we'll support whatever you decide." I rested my head on his shoulder as he breathed deeply.

"I don't want to." Liam decided.

"Ahh your interview is Friday night? I can't come I'm going to some swanky night club with Harris and I'm staying over at a hotel. He's getting us a suite and giving us the five star V.I.P treatment." Tia gushed about our plans and my eyes widened in horror, trying to telepathically tell her to zip it.

"The fuck you are." The outburst came from Jordan and the whole room tensed.

"Excuse me?" Tia asked with a dangerous tone. She was warning him not to repeat himself, not to even go there.

"You're not going to spend a night in a hotel with the boy you used to fuck. No chance." Jordan got up out of bed and left the room, Tia chased him down. Their argument continued until we could no longer hear them but we all still sat in silence, listening anyway.

I knew at any given moment I was going to be brought into it and Liams reaction would probably be the same as Jordan's. Maybe even worse. I glanced over at him but his head seemed to be elsewhere, perhaps still dwelling over this interview. I wondered if it would be wise to mention that I was supposed to be going with Tia on Friday before they came back into the room and dropped that bomb shell on him for me.

"Can you believe Jordan?" I asked with a nervous giggle. I snapped him out of his thoughts and he gave me a small smile.

"I know." He agreed, taking me by surprise. That's good, he agrees that Jordan is out of line. Okay, I can work with that.

"So you agree? He shouldn't be telling Tia what she can and can't do, he should just trust her." He assessed my expression and I waited for his answer.

"Uhm... I think it's not really my business." Of course, he would always have Jordan's back.

"Good." I said with a huff, a little annoyed at this bromance and how nothing comes between it. Liam laughed and my annoyance melted away.

I stretched out my limbs, loosening my body from the uncomfortable nights sleep I endured from Jordan's sofa. Liam watched me with interest, no there was more to it than interest. I felt like he was lovingly gazing at his food spinning inside the microwave. I furrowed my brows at him and giggled and he snapped out of his strange trance.

Tia and Jordan came back into the room, still arguing but they each carried a tray of food. Ben and Zak jumped on the croissants practically instantly and sat watching the argument unfold like it was high class entertainment.

"You heard this Liam? They think they're both going to go that nightclub and getting a hotel room with that basketball player." My heart jumped out of my chest and Liams head turned to face me faster than Jordan's words came out. His eyes were wide and wrinkles appeared on his forehead, asking for my truth.

"Liam knows it's none of his business." I told Jordan smartly earning some sound effects and giggles from Ben and Zak.

Liam looked completely dumbfounded but he was also lost for words. I kept my lips amazingly still, not wanting to chance a smile at all but inside I was breaking down with laughter at how cute his expression was right now. Of course I wasn't going to the hotel with Harris, I was always going to be right beside him, supporting him. His interview was Friday, that came first.

"Anything could happen to you both, you're not going. Tell them Liam." Jordan said protectively, playing the dad of the group.

I watched as Liam rolled his eyes and he glanced down at his phone then started getting his shoes and jacket on. He leaned in and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before standing up again. "I gotta go but we will talk about this later, yeah?"

"Where are you going?" I asked him although I already knew the answer and admittedly I didn't like it.

"To the hospital, visiting hours starts soon. I'll come by yours after, yeah?" I nodded my head in agreement as he zipped up his jacket.

I watched him walk out of the door wishing I could make him stay. I didn't like how much of his heart he was exposing, I was sure it was only a matter of time before his mom shattered it. I didn't understand how he could be so connected to someone who treated him so badly.

Tia and Jordan were still arguing, he was pulling every last detail of the plan out of her and she was getting ridiculously wound up. She was right though, there was a lot of passion between them both. even if right now they were directing that passion towards an argument neither of them were going to win. Honestly, I felt bad for him because everything that he said only dug himself deeper in a hole and I knew Tia would rebel just because he's telling her she simply can't. He should have used the reverse psychology method, it would have proven so much more successful.

"I'm going home." I announced. "I gotta take a bath, my whole body is aching. You know your sofa is so uncomfortable."

"Liam better tell you you're not going." He shouted to me as I reached the door. I just dismissed him with the wave of my hand and rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see them.