Chapter 15: Thank You So Much!

Epona's POV:

I went through my classes, and walked outside with August. I saw Malfoy standing in front of Hermione, Harry and Ron, who looked like he wanted to murder Malfoy.

"Goodness, can't they go an hour with starting shit?" I rubbed my temples, and walked over there, but August kept his distance from Malfoy, as he said he found him actually quite terrifying. 

My eyes widened as I heard their conversation. Of course they were insulting each others mothers. I groaned loudly, grabbing all their attentions.

"Oh Merlin, how are all you such big assholes? I mean, what the fuck is wrong with all of you?" I glared at them, and I got glares back from everyone, "Oh? So because I'm stopping you guys from insulting people who have nothing to do with your feud, I'm the bad guy? Goodness!" I laughed, "All of you are so full of yourselves."

"Says the girl who burned Malfoy because you tripped in the hallway." Harry snarled, and I looked at him wide eyed.

I stomped towards him, "Excuse me? Who are you to comment? You weren't even there! For the boy who's supposed to be perfect, you seem like you have a few holes in your personality!"

It all happened so quickly, I felt a pain on my face, and a loud bang, and then another loud bang. I looked to where Malfoy was behind me to see a pure white ferret.

"Draco!" I yelled, watching the ferret try to run away, staring at Professor Moody, who had his wand pointed directly at him, "What the fuck!?"

There was more commotion, and I picked up the ferret, who I assumed to be Draco, before any more child/animal abuse could happen. The ferret snuggled up into my arms, hiding. 

"What-what are you doing?" Professor McGonagall asked, her voice still shocked at the scene she just saw.

"Teaching." Moody replied simply.

"Teach- Moody, is that a student?" The Professor shrieked,  running down the stairs.

"Yep."

"No!" With the flick of her wand and a snapping sound, Draco had turned back to normal, his sleek blonde hair covering his pink face. 

Not being able to hold him up, I fell backwards, and just held him, seeing as he was shaking. I glared at Moody with a glare that I wished would kill him. He  glimpsed over at me, concern on his face, then something like a smile at my hatred.

His pale grey eyes were watering, and he mumbled something about his dad, and Moody started stepping closer, speaking and I felt my hand heat.

In a low voice I said, "I suggest you get going, Professor." I looked him directly in the eye, my stare unwavering. He made a click with his tongue and walked away.

I put Draco's arm around my shoulder, and we followed the professor down to the dungeons to meet Snape. Draco looked over at me, a curious expression on his face.

"Why are you helping me?" He asked, wincing.

"Because, even if you are a git, your my friend. Plus, I don't know what happened, but I have a feeling it wasn't you who decked me." I laughed a bit.

"Damn, Potter...trying to hit his own sister...." He said under his breath, like he didn't want me to hear, but also couldn't keep in his head.

I just smiled sadly, "I'll stay here with you. Fuck Harry."

He looked at me with a meaningful look on his face before we entered the room that Snape and Moody were waiting for us in, "You don't belong in Slytherin. You're too nice."