xc. endless thoughts

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑻𝒀
❝ 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

VERA DOES NOT KNOW HOW she ended up in a tent with Èowyn and Merry, but that is where the woman finds herself nonetheless; sitting atop a cushioned seat with a fond smile implanted on her graceful visage, watching Merry and Èowyn across from her s...

VERA DOES NOT KNOW HOW she ended up in a tent with Èowyn and Merry, but that is where the woman finds herself nonetheless; sitting atop a cushioned seat with a fond smile implanted on her graceful visage, watching Merry and Èowyn across from her skitter around the enclosed space of the tent to search for armor for the small Hobbit. Although Vera's eyes are observing her friends converse with one another happily, her mind is distant and — if you examine closely — her eyes are far away...nowhere in the present. 

Truth be told, there are numerous things happening in her mind, which is the reason behind her hazy eyes and unfocused mindset. 

Whilst Vera is in the tent with Èowyn and Merry, and she did not exactly argue against Èowyn when she was whisked away from Grimmund after their fun conversation about Snowbourne — in fact, she had gladly accepted the invitation — she did wish she were elsewhere. 

Now that she had thought about it, the reason Vera even allowed Èowyn to drag her away from the scene of Neptune and Grimmund's arrival is simply because she is scared of confrontation. 

It may sound stupid and strange considering everything that Vera has gone through — a murder she committed, a literal passing through life and death, and a battle that is recorded in history forever (in which their chances were limited slimly) — but those were things Vera could overcome in her strength...losing someone again is something Vera would never be able to face.

Yes, the mermaid would never lose her brother but the fear that he is mad at her and waiting for the right moment to blow is enough for Vera to leave the coward way out. Call her a sissy but Vera does not need another family member angry at her for a decision she is struggling with as it is...the first family member being Legolas, of course. 

However, now that she has a moment to consider her options, Vera knows that hiding away in the tent will do her no good.

One, Vera wanted nothing more than to finally be able to talk to Legolas. She misses her tree-prince-elf and wishes to be by his side during the short hours they are allowed before the battle begins later on. Vera realizes they do not have enough time left, and Vera is not even sure if they will come out of this battle alive, but the brunette knows that she wants to spend time with her prince as much as possible...and inform him of her final decision. 

Because there is no way in hell that Vera is going to let Legolas participate in a battle while they are both at an awkward stance with one another.