Chapter 14

Jennifer
I backed up, slipping my feet to the ground. "Jen?" She asked. I looked to my right. The door, slightly opened. I rushed towards it. I opened the door fully and ran out, only to bump into a body. We both collided into eachother and fell down.

"Ow..." I rubbed my butt and stood up, leaning against the wall. Sammy stood up and grabbed my arms. "What are you doing? Shouldn't you be in bed?" Her motherly instincts kicked in. Celeste walked up to me, "why'd you run?" I shook my head slightly.

I dashed past them, past all the doctors and patients. I rushed outside and ran like the wind. I hear Sammy and Celeste's faint calls for me. Faster footsteps followed me, I pushed myself further into the woods, even if I hated it.

I turned past a tree, only to trip on the leaves and sticks. I rushed back up, and hid by a tree. Hoping the follower wouldn't notice. "Jen," he called out. The deep husky voice made me think of the one person. Niall. Of course, he would sniff me out. I decided to run again, hearing his footsteps step closer. 

His footsteps got closer and closer. As soon as he was close to the tree I was hiding behind, I popped up and punched him square in the jaw. Sparks shooting up my arms as I ignore them and take a break for it. I saw Niall tumble lightly as if he wasn't expecting that.

I ran faster and faster. He was just going to grab me when, a dark furry figure knocked him down. I slid to a stop, panting for a breath. I slowly looked up to see a wolf, dark fur colored. Another dark furred joined it. They both growled deeply. Both their heads turn to look at me. The one with golden ears was Xavier while Niall's was completely black. Their eyes told me who they were.

Turning and running, I heard snapping jaws and loud growls. I pushed myself faster and faster. Xavier has been acting so weird lately. A deep red wolf blocked my path. My foot slid to a stop, turning another way. Ducking under trees, jumping over fallen logs. I hid by a tree, catching my breath. I buried my head in my knees. A snarl erupted my thoughts, making me whimper.

Celeste POV
I shifted into my wolf, running towards Jennifer's scent. I jumped in her path way. She quickly turned the other way. Darn! She might recognize me. My eyes were changing to their ferocious color.

Now or Never! My wolf sang.

I followed her scent leading into another abandoned area. Since the boys are fighting no one will know she's dead. I snarled loudly earning a whimper.

Jennifer POV
I stepped out of my hiding spot. I see Celeste, already shifted back into her clothes. How'd she do that? She grinned evilly.

"Well, isn't it the girl who cried wolf?" She mocked in a girly voice. "That doesn't even make sense!" I cried back, afraid. She shrugged and continued, "well I'm pretty sure you've seen me and my best part of moi." I slowly shook my head. She laughed. "When your gone, the world would be in peace ya know? Also I'll take your precious mate from you, and kill that stupid boyfriend guard of yours," she spoke confidently.

My head was in a confusion state. Guard? At the same time, another part of me awoke. A growl ripped through me. All I saw was red. I felt frozen, paralyzed. I wasn't in control anymore.

Fur sprouted out, claws grew from my nails, and my bones cracked, clicking into place.
*************
A/N I so duh sorry. This is a short chapter but I promise that I'll update soon. Love you people and I appreciate your reads!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow for more!

Qutedimond