Chapter 24: Planning And Promises

I'm watching a stream replay of Tango and Zed playing Outlast, a horror game, and it is SO funny xD 

ANYWAY

Peoples, I'm trying to slow down and add more to the chapters to give more detail. I know I don't need to but I'm prouder of the chapters earlier on and not really of the more recent ones. I spent more time on those, so I feel like they are better. Don't get me wrong, I still like these ones, but they are gradually getting worse (ಥ _ ಥ) 

All in all...Imma try harder because these aren't my best work and I can do better   b( ̄▽ ̄)d

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~2.3K

~~

TW: none

~~

POV: 3rd person

~~

Xizara paced back and forth as the Hermits watched him, a certain purple book gripped in his clenched hands. xB and Bdubs had just finished explaining to the players what they learned from the book, everything about Watchers and their abilities.

Apparently, these Users are able to control player's minds, either manipulating you into doing something or taking over your mind and using your body to do their will. The book didn't specify what they want or what they use their magic for, but the poem at the beginning gave the Hermits a pretty good idea.

If we choose you
You are our's to view.
Follow the rules
Your mind you can keep.
Break the rules
Your mind is our's to be.
Even if you never knew 
You were owned by me.

(UGGHH The more I read it the worse it gets TwT I can write stories just fine but poems...Yeesh...)

(ALSO I AM DRINKING A SALTED CARAMEL MOCHA FRAPPE FROM STARBUCKS AT 6:30...pm...I'm not sleeping tonight...)

Joe had the paper the poem was rewritten on in his hands, breaking it down and trying to understand it. He may also be nerding out to Cleo about it...

Maybe...

 Meanwhile, Grian was sitting on the steps, pruning the feathers on his wings, casting nervous glances towards Xizara. He was scared of him going crazy again, especially now that he knew about these Watcher creatures.  The Avem didn't blame Z for what he did because he knew that it wasn't him. Either something is wrong with his brain or Watchers made him do it.

Either way, Xizara had no way to control it, stop it, or even see it coming.

The Voider stopped walking. "I'm going to kill them," he whispered. The Hermits jumped up, weapons poised, hearts racing. "If they thought they could get away with taking Xisuma, they thought wrong." Xizara looked up with rage-filled eyes, determination painted on his face.

Biffa stepped forwards. "Woah, woah, woah. You can't just trot on in there and expect to be able to grab Suma and walk right back out. We don't even know how strong they are!"

"That's why I need back up." Xizara panned his eyes over the Hermits.

Protests and words of fear rose up as they understood what he was saying. 

"We can't trust you!"

"How do we know this isn't a trap?"

"You'll just go crazy again!"

"Where even are these Watcher players?"

"We would die!"

Xizara held up his hands. "I know you can't trust me! Believe me, I know. I can't trust myself either. But Xisuma is in danger, and I'm going to get him back. It's your choice if you wanna help, but you know that X would do the same thing if it was your life on the line. I don't expect you to trust me, but I am going. With or without you, I am going to save Xisuma." Z held his breath as he gauged their reactions.