||ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟||

Sunday, December 13th

Alice had woken up around 9:30, so she was glad her sleep schedule was back on track. Wilbur had stayed on FaceTime until she woke up. He had to leave soon after to run some errands, but he didn't seem happy about it.

She had breakfast with Techno, which she was surprised he woke up so early. They watched tv with Sun Tzu lounging between them while they discussed holiday plans.

"We already saw them at Thanksgiving, do we have to see them again?" Her friend was complaining.

"You know how upset your mom will be if we don't show up," Alice gave him a look.

"But we both know my siblings don't care about the virus," He argued. "We'd just be risking ourselves."

"They'll just show up here anyway, so it doesn't even matter," She sighed. "I don't particularly want to see them either, but there's not much we can do."

"We can figure out something," He assured. "Last year was horrible and I don't want to be the one ruining it this year."

There was an evident curse that ran between Techno and his siblings. Every year, someone ended up ruining Christmas in one way or another. Last year, his younger sister broke their mother's vanity and sent herself to the hospital because she cut herself on the glass. By age, Techno would be the cursed one this year.

"We could...travel over seas," Alice looked away as she suggested it. Techno absolutely hated planes but he hated arguing with his family more.

"How long have you been waiting to pitch that idea?" He asked. He knew from the way she avoided eye contact that she had been thinking about this for a while.

"A few days," She chuckled. "I didn't think we'd do it so soon, but your family can't visit us if we're in Britain."

"And we'd stay with your cousin?"

"I imagine he'd combust from the excitement," She smiled. Techno let out a long sigh.

"The cousin who's dying his hair green again?"

Alice pursed her lips.  "I don't want to talk about it."

"I'll think about it," He decided. Alice patted his arm.

"Its fine if you don't want to, but unless we go into hiding, it's our only escape," She said.

"What about Sun Tzu?" He questioned.  The calico glanced between the two owners.  "We're not leaving him with either of our families."

"So...Corpse lives in San Diego," She hinted.  He quirked an eyebrow.  "He loves cats and he's owned cats before so..."

"You haven't met the guy."

"I know!  But if I were to, as friends obviously, he might be an option.  It wouldn't be a long time anyway," She shrugged.

"Assuming we actually make plans to go and your cousin is okay with us going," Techno chuckled.

"Assuming, yes," Alice agreed.  He let out another sigh, telling her that he'd consider it.