3

I wake up to someone jumping on top of me. I groan out in pain. The person laughs.

"Get off me. I swear to god, you are fucking heavy." I say coldly.

"Whatever you say." A weight gets lifted off my body and I can finally breathe again. "You missed breakfast, Addison. Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" My eyelids are still closed.

"Because if you could, you would marry food. You missed breakfast, Adds. Is something going on? You know, Elijah asked if something happened but I told him I didn't know because you are closed off." Adrian says.

"I'm just tired, A. I'm fine, I promise. If I wasn't, I'll tell you."

"Elijah seems to think-"

"I don't care what Elijah wants to fucking thinks. Just let me sleep." I say coldly.

"It's time to get up. We're going shopping and we can redecorate our rooms." I jolt up. I glare at the person I call a twin.

"Why didn't you lead with that? Can I paint your room, too?" I ask. He nods.

"We're leaving in an hour. Go get ready." With that, he leaves my room and goes back to his. I sigh and get up.

I get some clothes out and go into my bathroom. I start the shower and look into the mirror. My eyes are dull. I know what happened. It's kinda the reason why I'm living my life to the fullest at the moment because who knows when they will come.

I get into the shower and do whatever I need. I get out and get dressed. I am now wearing black ripped jeans with an oversized shirt. I put my hair up into a messy bun.

I go back into my room and grab my phone. I look to see if I have any new messages and turns out, I don't. I put my phone in my pocket and put the rest of my outfit together.

I put some of my necklaces on and some of my rings. I put my earrings in and my nose ring. I look at myself in the mirror and smile. It doesn't reach my eyes.

I make my way downstairs and head into the kitchen. I go over to the fridge and get something to drink. I didn't realize the rest of family members were there until I turned around.

"Are you sick or something?" Marcus asks. I look at him confused until it dawned on me.

"No. Just tired, that's all." I say in a monotone voice.

"Are you sure? We can take you to a doctor if you are sick." He says. I smile at him. Though, it doesn't reach my eyes.

"I'll be okay. I promise."

"If you say so. Just know we can take you to the doctor if you want."

"Thank you though, but I won't need it. I'm not sick. I have a good immune system. I'm not like Adrian who can get sick from anything." I say, trying to lighten the mood but that doesn't seem to help. Adrian comes down and looks at me. Questions. That's what he wants but I don't have the answers to answer them. I mean, I do but I refuse to answer them.

"Well, who's taking us shopping? Addison promised to paint my room tonight." He says happily.

"Uh, can you guys go by yourselves, right?" Dante asks. We look at him and nod. "You guys do have your license right?" I get mine out and hand it to him. Adrian does the same. He looks at them and hands them back. "Pick any car I bike you want. Here's my credit card for you to use. You don't have a budget and just call one of us if you need another car."

"We'll be back later today." Adrian says. He grabs our licenses and hands me mine. I look at it and sigh. We walk out of the kitchen and go into the garage. We look around the cars. "You driving, right?"