𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

"River is here." I hear Sam yell as Dream parks on the side of the road. Cars are parked up and down the street and Dream had told me that they were at his parents house for the Christmas party that we were invited too. Sam had basically begged Dream to come even though he was planning on going the whole time.

"And your brother as well Sam." Mrs Anderson says as I step out of the car into the cool Floridian weather. I pull on my red dress for a minute. I wanted to look good tonight in front of Dream's family because more were supposed to be at this party so I decided to wear a red cocktail dress that ended right before my knees and I wore black stockings and just normal black flats because high heels scare me.

"Eh," I hear Sam say from the patio that has about ten people just standing around and talking to each other. I can see a few groups of children running past the door every few seconds and I see Sam standing by the door impatiently. "River is better." Sam states and I look up at Dream.

"You hear that," I laugh a little as Dream interlocks our hands. "I'm better." I grin and he turns to look at me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Sure you are," Dream laughs lightly, his green eyes seem to be brighter thanks to the dark red dress shirt he is wearing that goes extremely well with my dress. "I love you." He hums and kisses my forehead.

"I love you too," I giggle and he sighs, turning back to the patio where Sam is looking for us.

"Come on," Dream says, holding his hand out for me and I take it. "Sam might have a panic attack if she doesn't see you within the next five minutes."

"Be nice," I giggle, punching his arm lightly.

"I am nice," Dream argues and smirks at me as he kisses my hand wrapped in his. "Especially to you."

"Dream," I make a small face, "Come on." I say and he pouts a little before we start walking again.

"River!" Sam shouts as soon as she sees me stepping onto the huge patio and I see a few people look at me and I shoot them friendly smiles.

"Hi Sam," I laugh as she runs over to me, wrapping her arms around me. She's nearly as tall as me which is disappointing on my part.

"I got you a gift." Sam says as she steps back and her eyes are shinning with joy, much like her brothers but they are still the darker shade.

"Not till after dinner Samantha." I hear Mum say from inside the house and she steps onto the patio and gives me a hug.

"Dad!" Sam whines looking at Dad who gives me a welcoming smile and I return it very easily.

"Listen to your mother Sam." He tells the girl.

"Come on," Sam huffs as Dream takes my hand. "Everyone is in the living room." She states and then runs off, joining a group of kids.

I stay in the living room for a while talking to Dream's family members and feeling very welcomed. I hang out with the kids a little, braiding the girls hair for them and playing Legos with the little boys while also interacting with the adults.

"Dinner time," I hear someone call out and Dream holds his hand out to me. I take it and he leads me through the house before we come to a room and I am shocked slightly at how many seats there are.

"Can River sit next to me?" Sam asks, looking at me and I laugh a little.

"I think I will take my girlfriend Sam." Dream shoots back and a few people around the room laugh.

"Rude," River huffs.

"Ok people," A man who is sitting at the head of the table, who I am assuming is Dreams grandfather, smiles at all of us. "Who's saying Grace?" He asks and we all take hands.

Dinner goes great, Mum cooked it perfectly and talking to everyone is amazing because I am starting to feel welcomed to the family by these strangers who are being very sweet to me.

"Presents." Sam shouts which is followed by cheers of joy from the other kids around the room who are eating with their parents.

"Sam," I laugh lightly as Sam takes my hand, pulling me to the living room where there are literally piles of presents.

"Sam, can I have my girlfriend for five minutes." Dream says, staring at his little sister because we haven't talked much due to the fact that I have been interacting with his family.

"No." Sam snaps back at him which makes a few people around the room chuckle. "Here you go." She hands me a box, neatly wrapped and I open it.

"Oh, Sam." I smile happily.

"What did she get you?" Dream asks, his interest peaked which makes me giggle a little.

"A Polaroid camera." I grin holding it up for him to see. It would look very nice in our apartment, plus we can probably get some good pictures of us with it.

"And there's a picture of you and Clay," She says, grabbing a little card and pulling out a picture that she had taken hours ago with us facing each other as he kissed my forehead.

"Thank you so much Sam," I smile as I look at the picture then look up to see Dream is standing in front of me.

"I got you a gift too," Dream grins and holds me little black box in his hand. I tilt my head to the side a little and he opens it. "Here you go baby." He says lightly and my eyes go soft as I look at the beautiful necklace that stays in the box.

"Oh, I love it." I whisper lightly and look up at him. "Can you help me put it on?" I ask and he nods as I spin around, lifting my hair so he can do it properly.

"Merry Christmas baby," Dream says, kissing my cheek as he finishes putting the necklace on and I smile brightly.

"Yeah," Sam speaks up with a grin on her face and a sketch pad in her hands. "Merry Christmas River."

"For some reason I feel like you like River more then you like your brother." A lady who is sitting on a sofa not too far from us laughs lightly.

"Because I do." Sam says bluntly going back through her early gifts.

"Sam." Mum says pointedly and Sam shrugs.

"I'm not taking it back." She states and people around the room laugh as Dream rests his head on top of mine while I talk to some more of his family.