f o r t y f o u r

"Daryl-" I tried to get up, but my legs gave out. He took one last look at my blood on the floor, pulled his clothes on in a flash, and sprinted out of the storage room.

Tears began to flow down my face as I curled into a ball. Like any other girl I had of course imagined my first time. It didn't expect it to be a bed full of roses with candles and my husband, but I would hope that the guy at least wouldn't run out right after.

The tears eventually stopped, and I pulled my pants back on over my shaking legs. I put my tank top on, and grabbed my knife. I didn't know if there was still a group of walkers waiting for me, but I hope Daryl didn't just leave them there to attack me. It's not like he cares that much about you anyways. I fought back tears. I'm sure Daryl hates me for not telling him my secret. I would've, I just didn't expect us to go so far so fast.

I sighed, and made my way over to the door. I pressed my ear to it, and couldn't hear any walker groans. I took a step back, and flung it open. Well I tried to, but it got stuck. I managed to push it open far enough so I could squeeze through, and turned to see what was blocking it. The herd of walkers were all killed, each with an arrow hole in their head. Well Daryl might hate me but at least he didn't leave me for dead. I looked around the courtyard, surveying the damage.

The major groups of walkers had been killed, but there was a hole in the fence that would need to be patched quickly to prevent any more walkers from coming in. I made my way to a prison door, and could hear a few voices in the hallway when I opened it.

I turned a corner, seeing Maggie and Glenn. "Aspen!" Maggie ran up to me, and gave me a hug. "I'm glad you're ok." But taking another look at my face, she seemed to retract her statement. "What happened?"

"I'm ok." I managed to squeak out.

They didn't buy it for one second, but Maggie could tell I didn't want to talk about it. "Well Glenn and Rick want to stay and retaliate against the Governor, but my dad thinks we should leave. After the discussion Rick, Carl, and Michonne went out to get some guns." Maggie said, catching me up on what had happened while I was in the shed.

"Thanks." I mumbled, walking past them to the cafeteria. They hadn't fed me very much while I was in Woodbury, and my stomach was growling.

I found a box of only semi stale crackers, and took them up to a watch tower. I was thankful no one else was up there, and I could just be alone with my thoughts.

I really liked Daryl. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I could feel my feelings growing. And even though my first time wasn't the most ideal situation, it felt really good, and I couldn't say that I didn't want to do it again. But Daryl seemed to want nothing to do with me. If I could explain myself, maybe he would understand. Probably not.

I sighed, and ate a few crackers when I heard steps coming up the stairs. I groaned, wanting nothing more than to just be left alone. "Aspen..." Maggie said quietly, as she took a seat beside me. "I know you're not ok, and I wanted to come talk to you about it."

I looked at her, seeing only compassion in her eyes. "Well-" My voice cracked. "I was fighting off walkers with Carl, when they started to close in on us. I told him to go inside and find safety. The walkers began to overwhelm me, when Daryl showed up and saved me." I took a deep breath, and Maggie rubbed my back. "We fought them off together, and made our way to that shed." I pointed to the shed in the yard. "When we first got in there, we got into an argument, but then he revealed how upset he was about losing his brother. Things escalated pretty quickly after that..."

Maggie's eyes widened. "Y'all had sex!"

"Shh!" I shushed her, blushing. "But yes, we did."

"How was it!" She giggled.

"Well, really good but-" I paused. "I was a virgin." I whispered.

"Did he know?" Maggie asked, much quieter.

"No." I looked down as my lap. "He didn't know until he saw that there was a trail of blood coming out of my legs after."

"Oh Aspen." Maggie wrapped me in a big hug. "I'm so sorry girl." Tears started to fall before I could stop them. I sobbed quietly into her shoulder, and she stroked my hair. "It's alright Aspen. It'll be ok."

I sat up and looked at her. "I just really like him Maggie. I don't want this to ruin everything."

"I don't think it will. I think it just scared him, because he hadn't even been thinking about you being a virgin." She smiled. "And, you did enjoy it didn't you?"

"Yes. I really did." I smiled, blushing even harder.

"Come on girl, let's get you some real dinner." Maggie said, helping me stand up, and we headed to the cafeteria.