twenty - four | be a leader

Astrid flinched slightly as Raven screamed

Astrid flinched slightly as Raven screamed. Bellamy's grip on her waist tightening slightly as he looked at her in concern.

"This should stop the internal bleeding." Clarke sighed as she put the knife she used on Raven aside.

"I don't understand." Finn looked at the couple in confusion. "How did Murphy get a gun?"

"Long story." Astrid grumbled as Bellamy pressed a kiss to her head.

"We got lucky." Raven grunted as she looked at them. "If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead."

"Shut up, Raven." Astrid snapped. "This wasn't luck. You got hurt."

Raven sighed as Clarke looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Wait, there's rocket fuel down there? Enough to build a bomb?"

"Enough to build 100 bombs... if we had any gunpowder left." Raven grumbled, mentally choking Murphy to death. Besides the fact that he shot her, he almost killed Astrid, his friend. If Raven could get up now, she would find Murphy and murder him without a second thought.

"Let's get back to the reapers. Maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?" Bellamy raised an eyebrow in question.

Clarke shook her head. "Not this enemy."

"For fucks sake..." Astrid grumbled as she ran a hand through her hair, Bellamy's arm still tight around her. She was just so tired of constantly having to be on edge or waiting to get killed. She just wanted sleep and food. Was that too much to ask for?

"Can she walk or not?" Finn crossed his arms, looking at Raven.

"No." Astrid denied immediatly. She might not be a doctor but she knew when something was wrong. Really wrong. "We're carrying her." she paused as she glared at Raven. "And it's not up for discussion."

"Astrid's right, Raven is not walking any time soon." Clarke agreed.

"Well..." Astrid hesitated. "We could just stay here. If we're out there, we're out in the open, ready to get slaughtered. If we're here, we have walls that can protect us."

Finn groaned. "Astrid we talked about this."

"No, Finn. You and Clarke talked about this." Astrid snapped. "I'm not sure if you forgot, but you're not a leader. I am. Did you stop to think that there are so many fucking miles to that ocean? We will never make it."

A small silence was followed by Astrid's outburst, and yet she felt no regret. She said what needed to be said, and she was happy about it.

Finn glared at her. "Fine then, if you want to stay, then stay. I don't give a shit."

And with that, Finn stormed out of the drop ship, leaving a heavy silence that was broken by Bellamy. "You're not staying here."

"I don't see how that's your decision." she snapped at him. "I'm staying here whether you like it or not."