81

☀︎

Xavier's POV

Marc steps up to me with a grin and a sinister glint in his eyes, his teeth are bloodied, "We took them down, boss. None of ours are dead, some are hurt and we already escorted them out of here."

Nodding my head at him, I search for the beautiful and fiery woman with emerald eyes. Seeing nothing in regards to her has me instantly worried, no fucking way did she leave us to fend for ourselves. I witnessed the vindictive gleam in her eyes before we attacked, she wanted to get them down and in particular, my father. 

"Where the hell is Martinelli?" I explode into the tense air, my members examine the room and the dead bodies for her. Swallowing tensely as none of them come up with a conclusion, this can't be true. 

My heart pounds in my chest and I attempt to conceal the look on my face, she isn't amongst the dead, but where the fuck is she then?

The acid taste in my mouth has me cursing out loud, running a hand through my hair, I turn around again and come up with nothing. Members are watching me with questions in their stares, "Find her! Fucking find her and tell me where she is."

None of them require to be told twice, they run in various directions and search for her. Clenching my jaw, I toughen the grip on my newly acquired handgun as a dangerous shiver racks down my spine. She could be in danger, that thought alone has me running in a direction down the left, the shadowy tunnel allows little to no light. 

My eyes adapt to the darkness and I venture into it, needing to know where the fuck she is before I lose my goddamn mind. 

Sounds reverberate from the distance in the tunnel, a pained shriek pierces through me and instantly my blood runs cold. 

Eloisa. 

Grabbing my phone I curse the lack of signal down here, not being able to contact my mafia is the least of my worries right now though. Running down the dark drain, I recognize my woman fighting against two men who have her in a tight grip. Aiming the gun at the first one's leg, shooting and hitting he drops to the ground. 

Eloisa punches the other guy and he screams in pain before she grabs her own gun and shoots him in both feet. He sinks to the floor next to the one I hit. Both of them are complaining and she doesn't waste another second, kicking the same guy in the ribs. He groans and curses her out, the voice is too familiar. 

Finally, within reach, I clutch his collar and toss him up against the wall, his dark eyes mirror mine. She did a number on him though, his right eye is totally bloodied and destroyed, multiple wounds are scattered all over his face and I smirk at the sight. 

"È una strega!" (She's a witch!) He screams at me, the tremble in his voice does nothing to me. This is exactly what he gets for abusing my mother for years, this is what he gets for not protecting her when she was murdered, this is what he gets for sending my grandmother on the run, this is what he gets for messing with Eloisa Martinelli. "You're fucked up in the head, son!"

Grasping a page from her book, I smirk at him and tilt my head to the side, "One of my proudest traits, Carlos."

Hardening the grip I have on his shirt, I pull him closer to me before crashing his head against the concrete wall behind him. He cries into the darkness and I repeat the action, finding satisfaction in hearing him in pain. With each hit to his head, he becomes heavier in my arms wanting to drop to the floor. 

Glancing behind me, I see the still unknown guy I shot on the floor, his fearful eyes are centered solely on my actions. Not needing to look at Eloisa, I can sense her heated stare on my back, the concern of her being hurt distracts me momentarily. 

I force my father onto his knees in front of me, walking behind him and fisting his hair wet with blood. Pulling his head back, I look towards the fascinated woman in front of me, she questions me discreetly with her stare and I smirk. 

"End it, baby," I urge her, hoping to give her some closure from the hurt my father caused. "Allow him to feel how his sickening and weak actions will be the death of him."

She smirks at me, her stunning eyes glinting with a sinister promise. Stepping closer to the injured pig in front of us, she leans forward and pats his hurt eye once. He rushes into my body from the discomfort that caused, she chuckles mockingly, "Ti ha fatto male?" (Did that hurt?).

He tries to bite out towards her and I'm immediately gripping his ear pulling with every piece of strength, his ear detaches from his head and he screams in utter horror. Blood drips down his neck, but I sincerely can't bring myself to care. 

The other guy on the ground tries squirming away, his face doing nothing to hide the anxiety he's experiencing. I grab my gun and shoot his hand, not allowing him to escape us. He whimpers in pain and Eloisa smiles at me before turning towards my father on his knees, she's fucking beautiful. 

"Where did we come from, maiale?" (pig) Her question comes off with such heavy Italian on her voice, it's senselessly fucking attractive. "Do you know who I am?"

He tries to shake his head, "No."

"How delightful!" She exclaims and runs a blade down his cheek, he cries in pain trying to cover how poorly she's treating him. Rightfully so. "Allow me to remind you. I'm a Martinelli, you do know this because you've been on my ass for months. Don't pretend as if you don't. Do you understand why I'm here then?"

"No," He whimpers in pain, his body almost giving up from under him. 

"Because, darling," She says with a wicked smile, driving the blade down his wounded eye, he screams and squirms in my rough grip. "I am the monster you created, I'm just here to show you the results."

"I want to live!" He utters pathetically, the shame from being blood-related to him is strong. "Don't kill me, I'll be better. It was never meant to turn into this huge deal!"

"This huge deal," She scoffs, unquestionably imagining how he murdered her entire family in cold blood. Even though her facade is tough, I can detect the sliver of pain dancing in her sinister stare. She tightens her grip on the knife, forcing his mouth open she gradually cuts out his tongue with no remorse, the choking noises erupting from him are like none other. 

"Maxon Martinelli," She states, throwing my father's tongue casually onto the ground. Stabbing his gut and twisting the knife thrice, her emerald eyes have turned darker with satisfaction, "Denise Martinelli."

Realization appears on his features, recognizing exactly where she's going with this. 

"Your family," He declares, performing as if he had no clue she is a Martinelli. The hit has been out for her in fucking months by now.

"Giovanni Martinelli," She finishes and elevates a knife with both her hands, launching the blade into his skull and I throw him away from me instantly. 

Her eyes meet mine, there is a particular type of relief there, it's like nothing I've ever seen before. The temptation to hug and comfort her is powerful, especially seeing how hurt she truly is, blood everywhere on her. But the sound of a whine to our right has both of us looking in the direction. 

"Xavier," She speaks, pointing towards the guy on the ground. "Dracona."