{𝙒𝙚𝙚𝙠 1}

"𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧."

It was a Sunday as I remember playing around in my backyard with Amane and Tsukasa. Amane was being his usual happy cheery self as Tsukasa was in the corner silently as if he was waiting for something. Things have usually been great and amazing when we all hung around together. But.. lately things haven't been pretty well, well we still all hangout together.. but, Amane has been coming to school with marks and bruises around his body as it really started to concern me.. I remember I walked up to the classroom he stays in during recess as he had his head down on the desk looking out the window.
"Hey Amane!" I said smiling at him playing with his hair.
"Oh (Y/N) Hey!" He smiled as he looked over to me.
"Everything okay? I see you have more bandages then last time.. you have to be careful!" I looked at him worried yet trying to lighten the mood.
"Yeah! I just tripped over something in the house again it's not that big of a deal!" Amane gave me a soft yet believable smile.
"Alright whatever you say!" I smiled softly pushing my (H/C) hair out the way sighing looking out the window.
"Hey (Y/N) the clouds are pretty cool huh.?" Amane says while walking next to me as I continued to look out the window.
I put my hand on the window."Yeah they have cool shapes and sizes and it's really nice to guess what they look like." I smiled looking back at him.
Amane seemed to be interested in space and things like that which is kind of adorable It brings a playful side to him which who couldn't admire. The bell then rang as me and Amane grabbed our stuff going to the front of the gate to wait for Tsukasa. Tsukasa made his way to the gate as he saw me and Amane there.
"Hey, (Y/N) about hanging out today me and Amane can't." Tsukasa said looking at me.
"We ca-..?"
"No remember we are having family over today maybe after we clean we can play like we did yesterday!~" Tsukasa looked at Amane in the eye having a light smile on his face.
"Oh that's fine by me! I'll see you two around have fun." I smiled softly walking away from the twins as I arrived home.
---- Time Skip----
I was sitting on the couch as I was humming silently to myself as I heard a ring on the doorbell as my mother went and opened the door.
"Oh Hey Mrs. Yugi! what can I help you with?" I hear my mother question as I thought about what Tsukasa said earlier as It didn't really occur to my head as I walked to the door to only see Mrs.Yugi and Amane.
"Hey Amane!" I smiled softly as my mother let him in as his mother waved goodbye to him.
"Have fun kids don't stay up too late." My mother said smiling as she walked to the bathroom upstairs.
I nod my head still quite confused on what made Amane want to stay over at my place but, I just let it slide looking over to him.
"(Y/N) can we go look at the stars?" Amane smiled once more as I nod my head and he grabbed my arm going to the backyard with me as we laid on the blanket that we left there from whenever we played in the backyard and laid there looking up at the sky.
Amane's eyes always had this little sparkle in it whenever he looked at the stars he looked so amused while looking at them.
----Time Skip----
Me and Amane just finished getting ready for bed as we never actually went to bed early at sleepovers but as me and Amane sat on my bed to play Uno (yes Uno) he looked like he had something to say.
"Amane are you okay..?" I looked at him tilting my head.
Amane's facial expressions seemed different it seemed like something was stopping him from having fun.
"(Y/N) If I tell you something. Will you promise not to tell me anything..?"
I nod my head as Amane was my bestfriend and I am pretty well with secrets.
"Yeah What is it?" I questioned.
"Tsuaka..is dead.."Amane looked down sighing.
My eyes widened as I looked at him. "HE WHAT!?" I said my hand shaking a bit.
Amane came closer to me.
"Tsukasa didn't play fun games.." He whined. "He always hurt me and did many more things that I wouldn't like to say but, he never played fun.." Amane pouted.
That's when everything finally hit me Amane wasn't falling all over the place.. Tsukasa was.. WAIT HE WAS THE ONE HURTING HIM ALL ALONG!?.
"Amane I..-" I got cut off by the sound of Amane's sniffles. I looked over to him as I saw the tears running down his face.
"Amane-"
"(Y/N)"
I paused for a moment tilting my head.
"If you found out I was a murderer would you still be my friend..?"
I looked at Amane as I shakingly nodded my head. "Of course..! I'd always be your friend silly!" I said not really understanding what he meant by that sentence.
"I killed Tsukasa and lied to my mother saying that he did it to himself.. I can't take the pain and suffering of what he did to me anymore (Y/N)." Amane's crying got louder and louder at the moment as I hugged him and I thought to myself. Amane killed his own brother.. He's a murderer.. why am I comforting a murderer!? I questioned to myself over and over again as I also thought about what Amane said that Tsukasa did. Was it for the better..?. Or- my thinking was cut off as Amane grabbed my hand smiling softly.
"(Y/N) promise me something else.." Amane gazed back at my face.
"Yes Amane..?" I looked back at him.
Amane pulled me into a close embrace.
"Promise me.. that no matter what happens.. we'd still be connected with the stars above.." Amane whispered in my ear.
"Like when you grow up and be an astronaut?" I said confused.
Amane chuckled. "Yeah, like when I become an astronaut.."
I smiled nodding my head. "Of course Amane!" I smiled just letting him hug me as his hugs were my favorite as I could tell he wanted to stay in this embrace as well.
---Time Skip (Days later)---
I haven't seen Amane around nor has he been stopping by to come over to my house but I thought he had a lot of adjusting to his new life without his brother that he KILLED. But, of course nobody can know that I promised him. Night came by as I did my nightly routine and looked at the stars alone this time Id have to admit that it was boring to sit here and look at the stars without Amane running his mouth about that smart space stuff that he always rambles on about. My mom walked to the backyard.
"(Y/N) Sweetie.." I heard her voice as I sat up.
"Yes Mom?" I tilted my head.
"I got some news from Mrs.Yugi.." My mother looked at me in the eye.
My eyes lit up as I thought id finally get to hear something about Amane and how he was doing as I have been worried sick about him and I hoped he was doing way better at home!.
"Sweetie.. Amane.."
I had a smile on my face prepared to hear good news.

"Is Dead..."

"..."
"..."
"WHAT!?" was the only thing that could come out of my mouth.
My mother stood silent as she walked away giving me time.
I looked up at the stars shaking and crying.
"so.."
"This is what he meant by connecting with the stars.."
"Oh.."
"Amane.. why.."
I cried more and more just thinking about it. why did he have to leave me.. why did he have to do it wasn't he happy that his brother was gone!? why Amane.. why...why...why..

I didn't even get to say goodbye

(The end of chapter one)

Word Count:1,370