20. YOUR NECK

GOY
CHAPTER TWENTY: YOUR NECK

aurora walked through the halls with a strong exhale, wanting nothing more than to be at home, wrapped in a blanket and winnie the pooh pyjamas

aurora walked through the halls with a strong exhale, wanting nothing more than to be at home, wrapped in a blanket and winnie the pooh pyjamas. the little girl rubbed at her left eye as she turned a  corner, just in time to see her boyfriend peering through the bottom of the window.

"stiles?" she mumbled, making the boy jump. seeing him again made her anxious, would he be angry at her for snapping at him? the tall boy spasmed, jumping at the sound of his lover's voice and stumbling over himself.

"h-hey baby!" he spared a glance back into the window, making eye contact with his father and instantly moving away towards his little girl. "what're you doing here, pretty girl?"

aurora raised her eyebrows. "c-class?" she peered into the window that stiles' brown orbs were previously staring into. "what're y-you doing here?" before the boy could answer, the assistant police officer and shaking girl walked out of the office. it wasn't hard to recognise that shocked, upset face. it was the girlfriend of the boy who was currently tied to a tree by his neck. her heart broke. would stiles really rather be nosey about the boy's death than try to patch things up with his own girlfriend? "oh." she took a step back, trying to ignore the hurt in his coffee eyes. "i-i see."

"angel, please-"

"n-no! it's okay, you have f-fun." she stuttered, taking more and more steps back. "you can find me when you're finished." the upset angel stepped back until she swivelled around completely, walking in the opposite direction of her lesson.

the little girl slammed her bedroom door closed, tears escaping her honey eyes. she'd walked out of school after seeing the look on her boyfriends face, walking straight past scott. the wolf tried to stop her and ask her what was wrong, but the little girl was too determined to be alone. she sobbed into reggie, the stuffed puppy that was there for her even when stiles wasn't. the tiny girl ignored the constant buzzing of her phone, the buzzing that hadn't stopped since she bumped into scott in the hall. all she wanted was a quiet year at beacon hills high.

"a-aurora?" a groan came from outside her door. the blonde girl sniffled as she looked up from her bed, eying the door. the doorknob twitched slightly, as though jacob didn't have the strength to turn it. "rory- need help." his voice was vacant, as though something terribly horrifying had just happened.

"jacob?" she sniffled again, sitting up. the tiny girl was about to move when the doorknob squeaked as it slowly moved to the right. her brow furrowed as the tears on her cheeks started to dry. ever so slowly the hard wood door started to open. the lanky boy clutched his stomach, eyes ablaze and sweat dripping from his forehead. he was naked except for the pair of shorts he wore. aurora couldn't help but notice he looked paler than usual. "are you-"

before she could even utter the question jacob pounced forward, grabbing his cousin by her shoulder and pushing her back into the wall. he practically growled in her face, his eyes becoming a deep black. she could see from his parted lips that his teeth were poking out, a sight she had only seen twice before. the little girl's eyes were filled with fear as she tried to push the boy off of her, those previous tears resurfacing.

"j-jacob please!" she cried and begged as her cousin stared at her without remorse. it was almost as though she could see the humanity leave his sparkling irises. he was consumed by hunger.

"i could do it, you know." he grunted, fingernails digging into her shoulders. she had no doubt he was drawing blood. "it's just one bite - you'd barely feel a thing. just like a needle prick."

"you d-dont have to d-do this!"

"but i'm so hungry, aurora." he grumbled, eyes staring into hers. "you have no idea."

"p-please, jakey." she cried louder. his eyes seemed to flicker at the nickname. she pushed harder on his chest, banging her fist against the solid muscle.

he didn't like that.

in a millisecond the boy grabbed her by her hair, eliciting a strained cry past her plump lips. jacob pulled aurora forward, dragging her nearer the window. "i should fucking do it! i should bite you on your neck and throw you out of this fucking window!"

she wished she had known what she had done to deserve this.

her eyes were wide, gaping up at him. he hated the eye contact she made with him and instantly tightened his grip against her blonde locks. and smashed the side of her head against the glass of her window. aurora gasped in pain, whimpers falling from her lips at the sight of the crack he caused on the glass. it was stained with her crimson blood.

in that moment the tiny girl gave up. she couldn't save herself. no one would save her. stiles was too busy trying to piece together four murders. isaac and alison were serving a detention and scott was no doubt worrying about the twins. she was all alone in the world, with one of her closest relatives out for her blood.

she stared hopelessly out of the window, cheeks wet from tears. in a flash, she saw a pair of puppy eyes on the corner, widening and refracting at the sight of her pressed up against the bloody glass.

her breath hitched as scott started to run as quick as he could towards her house. "do it." she challenged, fists balling against the cold glass.

"you don't know when to help yourself, do you?" jacob cackled. in one swift movement he pulled her back and threw her straight back into the glass. aurora smashed through the single pane.

life stopped for a moment as she fell backwards from the second story. her arms laid upwards, as though the possessed boy might suddenly come to his senses and reach out for her. she stared at him as she screamed - she couldn't hear herself. he stood with a blank expression, one of his hands coated in her blood. she watched the second window fly by and fell to her demise.

the ground was surprisingly comforting. like a pair of strong arms wrapping themselves around her, welcoming her to death. above her, from the exact place she had fallen, the boy who had pushed her seemed to have come to clarity with what he had done, for his eyes fell back to brown and he jerked forward.

the little girl closed her eyes.

"aurora! rory! can you hear me?!" for some reason, heaven sounded an awful lot like a panicked scott mccall. she had imagined it would sound like stiles when they lay naked together against his flush sheets. the low, soothing voice that would fill her ears whilst she drifted off into bliss. heaven would be looking into stiles' eyes once more.

the ground was moving. suddenly, her head was burning against her skin and she was groaning. her eyes unwillingly fluttered open, meeting the sight of a royal blue shirt. she couldn't even pinch her brow together; her head hurt too much.

"rory! hey, you awake?" there it was again, scott's voice. she moved slightly to be met with the sight of his wonky jaw. the little girl tried to open her mouth and talk to her best friend but words refused to leave them.

scott had caught her.

GOY
CHAPTER TWENTY: YOUR NECK