Chapter 29

I had put my vanilla hair up in a high pony to hopefully feel some cold breeze on my neck and save me from the summer heat that had decided to visit London the last few days. But it was hopeless, even the vintage floral mini skirt together with a simple white tee wasn't light enough for me to not feel like a hot mess.

When I arrived at the office I wasn't surprised to see Grimmy sweat like a pig. If it was from all the running around he was doing or from the heatwave sneaking in the building I wasn't sure, it could've easily been both. He was too busy and focused to even notice me standing behind him while he was standing in the middle of the hallway, laptop in hand and his bottom lip between his teeth.

"The knight in shining armor arrives." I whispered next to him. Grimmy jumped to the side away from me, holding his breath before realising it was me. I chuckled slightly as a smile grew on his face while landing from the surprise.

"Don't do that you little shit." Grimmy laughed back and put one hand over his chest, "But yes, save me please." He whined back while putting himself closely next to me again.

"Can you meet up with Oliver?" He sighed before showing me one of his latest emails. "He just wrote to me and said that he is having problems with the heart rate monitor, and we need it to work. I need you to do your usual magic." Grimmy rambled on while I continuously nodded.

"Of course, I'll go right now. Let me just drop off my bag and grab my laptop." I assured him calmly, trying to keep my senses while one of us had already had a stressful morning. A big exhale escaped his lips and with a snap of fingers he had returned to cool down.

"Good, I'll just print out the pictures and then I'll meet you in the studio." Grimmy continued to talk while I moved further down the hallway to my desk. I turned around to walk backwards.

"You didn't forget the chelsea boot?" I laughed back while cocking a brow. Grimmy had been in charge of deciding what pictures to show. I only had one suggestion- a chelsea boot. The idea came from Jeff who had spilled the tea on the story behind the inside joke. Other than that I had been completely left out of that duty, being busy with my remit. Grimmy laughed back, shaking his head in assurance and I smiled back pleased before turning around again and skipping to my desk.

Me and Oliver had spent the last twenty minutes in the studio trying to get the machine to work. When I arrived he had already hooked himself up to the machine to test it. We tested all kinds of buttons while I read out loud from the manual for him to follow the instructions. Oliver had started to lose patience after fighting it for an hour already, but he managed to still stay focused. Finally the beeping came and we both let out a chuckle of relief. He reached for the inside of his shirt, grabbing the cables to unhook himself.

"Since you know Harry, do you think he would be more comfortable with you hooking him up." He asked while placing the cables around the machine again. My heart stopped for a second, feeling how the heat was beginning to reach for my cheeks, and the summer weather outside wasn't the reason for it.

"No." I hurried saying, a little bit too aggressive. "I mean, with the media and all I wouldn't think that was a good idea." I explained. And it was true, but only half of the truth. The other half that I didn't mention stayed with the nervous running heart in my chest by the thought of being close to his bare chest. It was something that had happened, but wouldn't happen again or ever be mentioned if our friendship wanted to remain.

Oliver nodded, understanding my point. Working in a media outlet, not a person at the office hadn't seen the paparazzi pictures. But since everyone knew how closely I worked with Grimmy on every Harry project, and knowing my friendship with Harry none of them had even questioned the rumours.