13 || sleepover

"So Corina just invited you over for a sleepover?" Peter asked as I packed my bag.

"Mhm."

"Why?" I looked up at him.

"No idea. Probably to talk about you."

"Why would she want to do that?"

"She thinks we're dating." Peter's face turned red. "I bet she just wants to steal you for herself," I joked.

"Yeah..." He said uncomfortably as I zipped up my bag.

"Well, I'm off," I said, picking up my bag. I looked towards my closet door. "I know this is going to suck, Peter, but you have to stay in my closet for the entire time I'm gone. I don't think my parents will go in my closet, but they might go in my room, so I don't wanna take any chances. I'll probably be back around 11 or 12 tomorrow, and if you have any problems just text me." I headed towards the door. "And don't mention the sleepover thing to Cady or Julie," I added. " they really don't like Corina and I don't wanna start any fights."

"Sounds like a plan." Peter said as I left shutting the door firmly behind me. I bounded down the stairs, stopping momentarily in my mom's study.

"Hey, honey." She said, not looking up from her work.

"Hey Mom," I replied, standing in the doorway. "I'm going to Corina's now." My mom looked up.

"Corina Williams?"

"Mhm. We're having a sleepover."

"That's nice. Tell her mom I said hi."

"Will do." I said, leaving. Corina's house wasn't too far from my own, which was surprising as I'd never been.

Let me tell you: it was huge.

Like whatever you're thinking her house looks like size wise, double it. Maybe even triple it.

I rang the doorbell, nervously waiting outside. Her mother opened the door, smiling at me.

"You must be Y/N." She said cheerily, ushering me inside. "Corina! Your guest is here!" I looked around in awe at the sheer beauty of her house.

"Hey, Y/N." Corina grinned at me from the top of the stairs. I took off my shoes and made my way up to her.

"Hey." I replied.

"Come on, I'll show you my room." She said, leading me upstairs. She brought my to a door and opened it, letting me in first.

First of all, room was an understatement. This was an apartment.

"Woah," I said quietly, and I put my bag down. "You have the coolest room I've ever seen."

"Thanks," She said, sitting down on a sofa. My phone buzzed and I took it out of my pocket.

New message from p12345_99: do u think ur parents would notice if i stole all of ur chips
New message from p12345_99: nvm they def would

"Is that Peter?" Corina asked, and I nodded.

"Uh, yeah, it is."

"You guys make such a cute couple!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, no we're not together." I said, and she raised an eyebrow.

"I'm pretty sure you are." She laughed. "You know, I was thinking about it and he looks pretty familiar."

Crap.

"Really?" I said, my heart beating far too fast.

"Yeah, I just can't put my finger on it..." She shook her head. "Anyways, where'd you guys meet?"

My bedroom after he fell through an inter dimensional portal.

"Um... you know, I can't really remember. I think it was a party." I lied.

"Where does he go to school?"

Midtown.

"Where does he go to school?" I repeated, buying myself time. "You know that school near the deli downtown?" She nodded. "That one."

"He's so cute. How long have you guys known each other?"

"Three weeks." That one was true.

Why was she asking so many questions??

"Wow, Y/N, you work fast, I'm surprised." She was smiling.

"Like I said, Corina, we're not dating."

"You totally are! Do you have any photos of him without those glasses on?"

Yeah, just look up Peter Parker or Tom Holland or Spiderman or all three on the internet.

"No, we've only hung out a couple times."

"Shame. He's so cute." Her eyes lit up. "We should FaceTime him!" My eyes widened in fear.

"Oh, no, that's not a good idea." I said hastily. "He's probably busy."

"Just try it! For fun." She said, and I gulped. Pretending to FaceTime Peter but FaceTiming Julie instead (knowing she was in a Student Council meeting at this time finally came in handy!) and held the phone close to me.

Don't pick up.

Please don't pick up.

I let it ring, studying Corina's eager face. The ringing stopped as the call ended, and I sighed with relief. Corina frowned.

That was a close one.

Too close.

(A/N: My new book Prophet: Peter Parker x Reader is OUT NOW!! I'm so proud of it and I hope you guys read it! I'll have a new part of this out tomorrow :) Enjoy!)