CHAPTER TWELVE

She set her glass down on the counter before making her way over to me

"I'd been waiting for you," she said circling around me.

"What?" I asked.

"I said I'd been waiting for you" she repeated.

"Why?" I asked her nervously.

She ignored my question and walked past me into the living room I followed behind her I watched as she went over to a wall and leaned her back against it "What the matter with you?" I asked her.

"You went on a date today," she said but it was more like a statement than a question.

I awkwardly nodded my head.

Her lips pressed against each other into a thin firm line as she crossed her hands over her chest "Hunter?"

"Yes?"

"What am I to you just some fuck buddy for you?" She asked.

I frowned how could she say that she was so much more than that too me "of course not"

"Are you sure?" She asked again.

"Of course I'm sure you more than just a fuck buddy to me why would you even ask me something like that?"

"Do you want to be with me, hunter?" She asked I stayed silent what was I supposed to say being with heaven would come with a whole lot of challenges and complications that I did not think I was ready to face and a whole lot of drama that I definitely did not need but then again she was always on my mind taking over my thoughts and the very thought of her in the arms of another man never sat right with me.

But I guess she took my silence as an answer cause she'd spoke up again "if I'm wasting my time please tell me now so I save myself embarrassment" she said.

"I-" I started but the words never came out what was I supposed to say fuck it and risk it all for the beauty that stood before me risk it all? lose all the respect I had? Endure all the judgmental looks and comments that I was sure to get? For what all for my niece's best friend?

"That's what I thought" heaven nodded her head picking herself up against the wall she walked past me probably trying to go back upstairs to her room but before that could happen I grabbed her arm and pulled her flush against my chest.

She tried to push me away but I'd refused to let her go not this time I took her face into my hand as I caressed it and frowned at the sad look she had in her eyes before she could say anything I smashed my lips into hers at first she resisted as she squirmed around in my arms but eventually she caved and melted right there in my arms I pulled her body closer to mines as I drove our kiss deeper and was also glad when she'd allowed me entrance into her mouth kissing heaven was like a drug being with her was like a drug that I'd always denied myself because I didn't think it was right but not anymore I wanted this woman and I'd be damned if I'd let her walk away knowing otherwise.