𝘄𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲

tommy and i sat by my front door, his arm wrapped around me as we waited for wilburs knock.

i sighed, pulling my hoodie sleeves over my hands and leaning into him. while i had packed, tommy had patrolled the house. finding every opening and window and locking them, making sure nothing bad would happen while we were gone.

i was so thankful for the boy. lord knows what i would have done if tommy weren't there to calm me down from my panic attack, and take me somewhere safer.

i hear the familiar crunch of tires on my gravel driveway, and sigh, pulling tommy up by the hand and throwing my backpack on.

i open the door, greeted by wilbur's tan volvo wagon.
i can see him in the front seat, waving to me, and giving me the hand motion to come out. what i didn't expect to see was tubbo in the front seat, giving me a large grin. i assume he decided to come with per tommy's request, so i shrug slightly to myself and let it be.

tommy and i emerge, hand in hand, and walk quickly to wilburs car. i notice tubbo's smile fade as he gives us a quick up and down glance, and i quickly slip my hand out of tommy's.

we both climb into the back seat. i am met with the familiar warmth of being around wilbur, and the smell of his car. i feel safe. i sigh, buckling myself into the soft seat.

wilbur turns the music down, and turns his entire body to look at me. "i've called the police, and they're going to keep an eye on your house. but you're going to stay with me for a bit. just to make sure you're safe." he says, giving me one of his warm smiles.

i nod. it had been awhile since i'd been in wilburs home. it always smelled nice, since niki gifted him a new candle at almost every chance.

his car radiated his energy enough as it was, being the tan little station wagon, with the polaroids he'd managed to arrange around the car without it looking messy, and the faint smell of his cologne.

we pull out of the driveway after a moment, wilbur returning the music to its former volume and unparking the car.

as we pull off of my road my phone dings, and i pick it up.

another text from the number.

???
i saw you get in that car.
where are you going cassidy?
you won't be able to lose me so easily.
you will never be safe.

i gag again, handing the phone to tommy and picking up the blanket id carried with me from my house. i shove it over my entire head in a stupid attempt to keep the nervous chills away.

i hear tommy mutter to himself, before showing the phone to wilbur, causing him to speed up.

my body leans into tommy's once more, and before i know it, i've fallen asleep.

tommy shakes me awake, and i begin to take in what's around me.

i hear the rain patter against the roof of the volvo, and what sounds like niki and tubbo shriek as they run inside. i hear a door slam and wilbur yell, his feet hitting the ground audibly, even from inside the wagon.

tommy and i rush inside, giggling from the fun of the rain slamming against us as we ran.

i was right about wilburs place being a direct reflection of his personality.

the warmth hit me as soon as i entered the door.

tubbo, niki, and wilbur, were already sat on the sofa, niki's kittens wrestling playfully on the floor in front of them. it smelled of cinnamon and some expensive cologne wilbur used, and it was the best i'd felt in weeks.

we'd all settled into the couch hours before. letting some series of movies play in the background. everyone had fallen asleep by now, besides me.

my phone had been buzzing for a few moments. but i couldn't muster up the courage to check. i knew what i would find when i did. so what was the point.

i begin to space out, checking the time.

4:28 am.

i sigh, staring out the window. wilbur would be awake in only 4 more hours. so i wait. i keep my eyes peeled at the rainy street, lit by that one lamp. and i let my thoughts rush, and i let myself go. i let myself relax, more than sleep would have let me. i pull my knees up to my chest.

all i can do is wait.

—-

if this chapter is bad i'm super srry but i'm super tired rn and i never proofread anyways lol. anyways how are y'all. i think i might do a wilbur fanfic next. but idk. if i do i'll write karl as soon as i'm done w wilbur.

your comments are always super funny and i look forward to reading the ones on this chapter. you consistent commenters, i love y'all. i fr recognize ur usernames in my notifs and smile lol.

honk out :) <3