Chapter 63

I'm sitting in the Captain s chair on board the Helios running through systems checks, as we leave the day after tomorrow. This time around we're going to do things a bit differently, but with the same objective.
I hear foot steps behind. I get an overwhelming feeling of love and desire shake me and I can't help but smile. "My Jahní you should be helping to prep your ship."

She puts her arms around me from behind hugging me. "My, how cold of you to reject me so easily."

I turn my head and she plants one long kiss on me, which I happily return. I look around and I see the duty officer smile. "Hey." She kisses me again. "Now, I think we should do this in a more appropriate and private place."

She looks at me with curiosity. "So you will not send me away again, right."

I sigh knowing that she is right; I don't think I could send her away. "Your right, I can't do it and you take advantage of that don't you."

She laughs softly standing up straight. She is very happy going on this dangerous mission with me, which just confuses the hell out of me. "Ant, we are going to fight together and we must be as one mind for this to work."

Yeah, she's right about that point; we need to get together and practice what she did, when she entered the bridge. So, I focus in on her and she trembles a bit and steps back. I send her all my feelings for her and she breathes a little heavily, as her eyes momentarily lose focus. She looks at me and she has that look in her eyes that I understand so well. "Captain, be in your quarters to discuss something important, when you get the chance."

I watch her sensing what she wants, as she leaves. "Lieutenant, you have the com."

"Aye sir." I walk calmly to my quarters entering and I find her laying in the bed undressed waiting for me.

"Now you know I have to ask you something." As I begin to remove my clothes. "How did you know that I would show up?"

She smiles at me with a certain deviousness. "I know my man well enough, that I knew he would get the message."

"I see." I get onto the bed coming right up against her pulling her into me tightly. "Well my Princess, it seems you have me right where you want me." We kiss passionately holding on to each other for all we're worth. A simple life is all I've ever wanted next to the woman I love, but this is not my mission in life.

*********************************

We slip out out to the very edge of Majah-tu space; we're as far as we can be and still be in their domain.
"Sir, we are at the preselected coordinates."

"Outstanding."  The Comms officer gives me the thumbs up. "All hands this is the Captain, battle stations. I repeat battle stations."  Three chirps on the ships alert system rings out, and we are now prepared to do battle with our foe.  "Comms begin transmission of the prerecorded message; let see who takes the bait."

"Aye aye Sir."  The mood on the bridge is tense as we wait for an enemy ship to show up, which is understandable. After all we are picking a fight with them.

Ten minutes pass by and no response or reaction; nothing.  "Comms, is the message transmitting correctly?"

She checks her instruments.  "Aye sir. On all frequencies."  What are they up to.

"Helm, is the fold system up and ready?"

"Aye sir. Everything is spot on and ready to go."

I nod.  "Go keep your hand on the on the throttle."

"Aye aye Sir." 

Sam is standing by the science station, when he comes up beside me.  "What are you thinking sir?"