5

Have you ever heard the saying, "the past will come back and haunt you'? I have. I heard it more times than I can count. Everybody says 'leave the past in the past' bullshit but what happens when a person keeps coming back and haunting you?

I watch as my siblings and father get held at gunpoint. I watch as Adrian has tears in his eyes but they don't fall. He's to numb for them to fall. I watch as Dante have anger in his eyes. I watch as Darius cusses them out. I watch the twins try to fight their grip with the people behind them. I watch as Marcus has tears streaming down his face. I watch as Leo stays quiet and has his eyes trained on me.

"You all should give up. Y'all ain't going anywhere." Ryan spits out coldly. I feel the cold metal against my temple.

"Who the fuck are you?" Dante spits out. Ryan smiles.

"Their mom's boyfriend." Their eyes widen. "I'm gonna assume Addison nor Adrian said anything about me?"

"We didn't, Ryan. Just let us go." I say quietly.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna do that, Addison." He says.

"Why are we held up at gunpoint?" Marcus asks. Ryan looked at him.

"Because I don't take chances with a mafia." Everybody tensed up besides me and Adrian. "Did you know that Addison was a drug dealer?"

"What? What the fuck are you talking about, Ryan?" I ask coldly. Everybody's eyes went wide.

"I swear to god Addison, please tell me he's lying." Adrian said. I look at him.

"Why the fuck would you think I would sell drugs? We both know how much I hate drugs." I say.

"Addison, stop lying. You sold drugs to have a relationship with your mother. That didn't work out, didn't it?" He says.

"What the fuck, Ryan? Why the fuck are you lying?" I ask, my tone going deadly.

"Addison, is that why you disappeared at night?" Adrian asked. I looked at him and saw disappointment in his eyes. I look at the other family members and saw how much disgust was in their eyes.

"You know how much I hate drugs, Adrian. Why do you think I'm selling or sold drugs?" I ask.

"Because you haven't been yourself in the last month, Addison. What the fuck do you want me to expect? I didn't know anything. Hell, I thought you were on drugs. You disappeared at random times of the day and come back later acting all different." Adrian said coldly. I shake my head. Tears were streaming down my face.

"Come on, Addison. Tell him what you were actually doing." Ryan whispered in my ear.

"Why should I? It's not like he's gonna believe me." I say loud enough for him to hear.

"I don't want a drug dealer underneath my roof." Dante says angrily. I look at him. My heart breaks. Ryan smiles.

"Why can't you believe me? I don't sell drugs. I never have." I say with sadness lacing my voice.

"I don't believe you, Addison. I mean, seriously? You're following in his footsteps." Adrian spits out.

"No I'm not. Why can't you believe me? Why are you believing him?" I ask in disbelief.

"Because he's not a liar like you, Addison!" Adrian said with hatred.

"Oh. I'm a liar? I see. Ryan, what do you want from me?" I ask quietly. Ryan smirks and leans in.

"You'll see. I will ruin you. Emotionally, physically, and mentally. I will ruin you until you can't cry anymore and you can't feel shit." He whispers.

"Okay. I want to see you try." I challenge hum. He smirks and looks back at the family who took me in and who's giving me up so easily.

"You don't want her, do you? I can take her, right?" He asks. When they don't respond he continues. "If you say no, you will get shot in the head. If you say yes, you'll get off the hook."

"Take her. We don't want a drug dealer in this house. Leave, Addison. When you get your shit together, you can come back." Darius says coldly.

The cold metal leaves my temple and I put my hand up to the spot. Ryan grabs my arm and forcefully makes me leave the mansion. I don't even care anymore.

Vote. Share. Comment.

Thank you for reading