Switch: Crime

"Just relax

"Just relax."

"I'm trying."

"You're literally trembling. You're speaking in twenty minutes. What kind of Gryffindor has stage fright?"

Hermione's jaw clenched visibly. "Pointing it out really isn't helping."

Draco pressed his hand against the small of her back, caressing her bare skin where the dress cut away. He leaned closer until he could smell the biting floral scent of her shampoo. "You'll be fine. Just imagine the audience is naked."

Hermione's lips pursed and her eyes fluttered closed as she winced. "That mental image is actually incredibly unhelpful."

Draco gave a low laugh, and his fingers played along the base of her spine and discretely up to massage her shoulders. Her skin was warm and soft, and discernibly trembling.

"Do you have a calming draught?" he asked after a back rub failed to relax her.

"I already took it," she said in a stiff voice, sitting even more rigidly.

Draco glanced at her from the corner of his eye. If she started shaking any harder, her hair was going to begin moving.

"Let's step out for a minute," he said.

"I'm supposed to speak in twenty minutes."

Draco rolled his eyes. "Yes, and sitting here dreading it is not helping. Come with me. I swear, I'll have you back before the MC calls your name."

She hesitated a moment and then stood and slipped out the nearest exit. Draco casually followed her a minute later.

She was nervously bouncing on her toes in the hallway, waiting for him.

"You're right," she said, "a walk is a good idea. Excellent way to channel the stress."

"Let's go this way," Draco took her hand and led her down the hallway, reading the plaques beside all the doors they passed until he found one that looked promising. He tried the knob and found it locked.

A basic charm resolved the issue. He glanced in and then stepped inside.

"Malfoy, watching you commit larceny isn't going to improve my stress levels." Hermione's voice was severe as she followed him into the office.

She always reverted to using his surname when scolding him.

The desk on the far side of the room was an excellent size, perfect for what he intended. He pivoted on his toe with a predatory grin to find Hermione standing behind him, arms folded, with a suspicious expression on her face.

"No."

Draco prowled closer.

"You think a quick shag in an office is going to relax me?" She gave an undignified snort and turned to leave.