Chapter 27 -Just the cold-

Moody's class was quite interesting to say the least, considering that he used all three of the unforgivable curses. Most of the students found his lessons gruesome but I couldn't help but find them somewhat boring. I already had a thorough understanding of these curses due to my readings so it wasn't like I was learning anything.

Not to mention the fact Lucius had already used one of the three curses on me over the summer for training purposes. It was an awful experience but I did appreciate it because I was now able to withstand the curse easily.

Speaking of which, I was currently sitting in class watching other students be put under the Imperius curse by Moody. Adrian did several cartwheels and Fred Weasley did a split much to my amusement. I was watching from the back of the class, trying not to laugh at my fellow students lack of restraint.

"Rees, you next." Professor Moody growled. Exchanging an amused look with Graham, I made my way up to the center of the classroom. Gaining control of my thoughts and looking directly into Moody's eyes, he raised his wand.

"Imperio!"

A sudden sense of happiness enveloped me, diminishing any worry or nerves. This only lasted for a split second though, as I had trained my mind to deflect these effects. Focusing my thoughts on negative emotions, the sense of happiness diminished and I was left with a sense of control. Then, in the back of my brain I hear Moody's voice speak to me in a demanding tone.

"Jump on the table...jump on the table..."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, he had no effect on me whatsoever. Lucius had been much harsher when using this curse, making Moody's attempt seem like child's play.

"Jump! Do it!" His voice spoke up once more. Continuing to train my thoughts, I shook my head and the entire class looked at me in awe. In front of me Moody lowered his wand while his eyes remained trained on me.

"Well done Rees, it is evident that you have a strong resistance to this curse." He looked at me curiously and I gave him a small nod. Returning to my seat Graham and Adrian both raised their hands for high fives. Smirking, I clapped both of their hands and began to gather my books.After class was dismissed the three of us walked towards the entrance hall, where a large crowd had congregated.

"MOVE PEOPLE, THE FAMOUS DELILAH REES IS COMING THROUGH!" Adrian shouts while ushering people out of the way. Smacking him on the arm I shoot him a harsh glare that silences him. Making our way to the front I bend down to help a Ravenclaw girl that Graham had accidentally pushed over.

"Sorry about that." I whisper and give her a soft smile.

"It's quite alright, it looks as though he has a lot of nargles distracting him." The girl replies dreamily. She was quite pretty with blonde hair and blue eyes that seemed to be in another world. I gave her a baffled look since there was no such thing as nargles and returned my attention to the sign on the wall.

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT

THE DELEGATIONS FROM BEAUXBATONS AND DURMSTRANG WILL BE ARRIVING AT 6 O'CLOCK ON FRIDAY THE 30TH OF OCTOBER.LESSONS WILL END HALF AN HOUR EARLY.

STUDENT WILL RETURN THEIR BAGS AND BOOKS TO THEIR DORMITORIES AND ASSEMBLE IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE TO GREET OUR GUESTS BEFORE THE WELCOMING FEAST.

"Blimey that's only next Friday." Graham speaks up next to me.

"Wow you can read." I say with evident sarcasm.

" Wow you can be sarcastic." Draco speaks up from beside me.

" Oh bugger of blondie." I ruffle his hair as he grumpily looks up at me.