The Queens Word

Harry POV

I woke up in the exact same position I fell asleep in. It took me a minute to remember why I was even there, I had nearly forgotten that... Brielle wouldn't be awake when I woke up. It took me staring at her and tugging at her hand without any response before I remembered that she wouldn't wake up no matter how much I tugged at her hand.

All the pain rushed back within moments of realizing it. I took a long sigh and stared up at her while my eyes tried to produce more tears, but I'm convinced that I've cried so much I might not have any tears left to shed. I quickly remembered I had to suck it up, if Brielle can hear or feel anything I don't want her to feel the pain I'm experiencing right now. So I forced a smile and slowly sat up and slowly brushed through her soft hair with my fingers,

"Goodmorin' Brielle love"

I softly whispered, normally she'd shift and wake up when I whisper but I prepared myself for no response which is exactly what I got,

"I sure hope ye can hear me love, I sure hope ye know that I'm 'ere"

I whispered next as I went from brushing her hair to cupping her cheek and brushing my thumb across her soft skin. I could stare at her forever, and I'm finding myself doing so quite a lot while she's asleep, but... it's just not the same. There's a feeling of vacancy when I look at her, like she's not really there but I know she is. It's torturous, but I know in my heart that she's there so no matter how much it might hurt I will continue to stay with her. It's what I feel is right.

A soft knock on the door broke me from my staring at Brielle and got me to my aching feet,

"I'll be right back darlin', someone's at the door"

I spoke as if she was conscious and could talk back. I tiredly walked to the door as I stretched all my sore muscles and silently wished for a massage, then I realized how dreadfully spoiled I am. Brielle gives the best massages, all I have to do is mutter than I'm sore and she's on it, and after an hour of massages probably while watching a movie I feel all better again and always return the favor to her giddy delight. I smiled some at the memory of how excited she'd get when I would tell her it's her turn, oh how lovely those memories are.

I took a deep sigh and opened the door, this time only Fairy Godmother was there. Thank the gods, it was a lot when everyone came in all at once yesterday,

"Good morning Harry, how did you sleep?"

She said with a nice tone. I shrugged some and rotated my sore shoulder,

"Passed out, so I guess I slept well"

Was all I said. She took a deep sigh and tilted her head some at me with concern,

"Alright, well don't forget to take care of yourself too. What you're doing by staying with Brielle is very honorable, but those sunken eyes don't tell me you actually got much sleep"

I hadn't even looked in the mirror for who knows how long so I guess my eyes are sunken. I sighed and brushed a hand through my hair,

"I don't get much sleep when I'm not right next ta her anyway, I kinda look like this when I try ta sleep in my own room once and a while. I just like... holding her... not laying my head on her from the side of the bed. But it's alright, I'll survive"

FG slowly nodded and looked past me to Brielle to check on her before looking back up at me,

"Well we're about to check on Audrey's condition, I'm going to safely assume you don't want to be there for that?"