chapter eighteen

A week passed by. Mawra was yet to come back to the Qureshi mansion. She was feeling homesick and requested Ibrahim to let her stay at her parent's place for a while, he agreed reluctantly; just for her sake. She did not mention when will she come back though and that made him feel restless for some weird reasons. He missed waking up next to her, making fun of her and spend some quality time with her. He just missed her so damn much.

It wasn't like she has stopped coming to the office, she does. But their relationship is strictly professional there, just like she has wanted it to be. He combed his hair with a bored expression whilst staring at his phone on the dressing table. Checking every now and then to see if there were any calls from her. He called her this morning, but Mawra didn't pick it up much to his annoyance and he didn't try the second time, thinking she must be asleep or something. But he was impatient for her call nevertheless.

Ibrahim sighed as he picked the phone dejectedly and walked out of his room, mentally preparing for another exhausting day. He was in no mood to eat, but knowing his mother she wouldn't send him without having breakfast and so, he headed straight to the dining room.

"Mom, I'm getting late." Ameen's whining voice was heard the first thing as he came in and took his seat.

"Shut up and eat." Salika shushed him with a stern look and that was the end of the argument. Her stern looks can be so terrifying sometimes.

"Why are you not eating anything, Ibrahim?" he was distractedly playing with the spoon when his mother asked him that, giving her a blank nod Ibrahim began to eat.

Ameen smirked knowingly while Usmaan was too busy with his breakfast, he loves his food. Especially the ones made by his wife, "Salika, baby. The breakfast is amazing like always." She blushed at his comment and smacked his arms playfully.

"Mom and Dad, your married son is sitting in front you," pointing at his brother and then at him," and so am I, have some shame." Ameen teased his parents, who just shrugged nonchalantly.

"I'm just complimenting my wife, she deserves to be appreciated," Usmaan replied with a cheesy smile, as he savoured his breakfast. Salika hits his arms again, while Ameen grinned at his parents. They're just so adorable.

"Mom, I will come home late tonight," Ameen informed, whilst not meeting their gazes.

"Where are you going?" Ibrahim asked as he gulped a glass of orange juice.

"Going out with friends." Ameen looked down at his plate, praying that they buy his lie. He hated lying to his family, but special circumstances called for it.

"Take the driver with you then, I don't want you to drive your bike so late at night. Can't repeat the last mistake again." Ibrahim added and saw his brother agree whilst heaving a sigh. Even though Ameen's actions were a little suspicious, he didn't comment on anything.

"I'll get going, mom and dad. Allah Hafiz." kissing his mother's cheek and then nodding at his father, Ibrahim left for work; a little too eagerly. For he gets to see his special someone there.

***

"How many more days are you planning to stay here?" Rashidha asked her, whilst serving breakfast to Ahil and Akram, while her daughter played with her food because the breakfast was not her favourite.

"Maybe until tomorrow?" Mawra replied in a whisper, catching her family's attention solely on her. She didn't want to leave this safe heaven of hers and handle the responsibilities of being a wife. She was scared after that proposal incident. What if she messed up and hurt him again? Ibrahim has been such a good husband to her and in return, she caused him so much hurt.