-8-

Luca walked down the wide hallway toward the club to meet with Sean who chided him on the way to Vegas, saying he was too uptight and encouraging him to use his free time in the city to 'party and bullshit' for once. Ever since he and Emiliano took over from their father, Luca had to get serious about business because his younger brother was not mentally equipped to run the empire and play deputy to the Davidsons. Things had been weighing on him and he wondered how Sean handled his position so well. Luca hoped that by being around him more often, he'd learn.

Oh shit, Luca thought to himself when he saw a familiar figure in a form-fitting red crop-top and high-waisted black shorts walking out of the bathroom.

He stalked up to her with long strides and grabbed her arm.

"What the fuck?!" Syd swatted at him before she saw his face and froze.

"The fuck are you doing here?" He barked as he dragged her to a more secluded part of the hall and pushed her against the wall.

Syd felt herself starting to sober up from the anger she felt being manhandled by this man whose entitled attitude made him think he had the authority to do as much. She also hated that she was slightly turned on by it. I need to get laid ASAP... she pondered.

"Me? The fuck are you doing here?" She retorted.

"That's none of your fucking business. Who are you working for? Is it the fucking Russians?"

The Russians, Syd thought to herself, remembering that the Ivanov family had been causing trouble recently, trying to challenge her family as well as others like the Rossis.

"What are you talking about?! I'm here for a bachelorette party. See!" Syd gestured to her sash that read: Maid of Dishonor.

Luca looked down at her sash and was immediately distracted by the shape of her piercings outlined in her shirt. He swallowed as he flashed back to the photo of her in that pink robe and images of what he wanted to do to her that followed.

"Is Emiliano here?" Syd asked crossing her arms across her chest and breaking Luca's trance.

Luca looked back up to meet Syd's eyes. "He's off somewhere trying to get his dick wet."

Syd didn't know why the response made her feel uneasy. She'd only planned to have sex with Emiliano before she learned he was off limits.

"Okay," she tried to walk away before Luca pulled her back, putting her against the wall again, this time caging her with his arms on each side.

"What the hell are you doing?" Syd glared at him.

"You gonna tell me why you're really here? How the fuck do you lure in my brother and then end up in Vegas the same time as us? Now, tell me who the fuck you're working for."

"Bachelorette party," she said flatly. "You know, lots of drinking, dancing, and maybe some male strippers." She raked her eyes over his body and realized he was just as built as Emiliano. "Would you like to entertain us?" She smirked.

Luca pissed her off, but Syd knew how to deal with serious types like him and he was perfect for the little games she liked to play. While men like Emiliano would go from turned on to annoyed to surrendering, men like Luca were the type she could really get a rise out of.

"What game are you playing at?"

Syd uncrossed her arms and raised her hands defensively. "I'm not playing any games," she lied.

With her arms uncrossed, Luca instinctively looked down to see her piercings again. They weren't anything he wasn't used to. He'd been with plenty of women with all types of piercings, but something about Syd got to him.