Ch. 2 'Both your and Shin's happiness is my happiness'

The night of the lunar eclipse has arrived.
Giesbach wore his finest attire for tonight. He's always been waiting for the lunar eclipse every year. Because those were the days where he'd be able to see 'his' goddess.

In the Eternite Castle, Giesback awaited her audience in the throne room.

An invisible force opened the doors and Lilith walked in. Her hair was simply braided to the side, and her elegant red wine dress flowed behind her as she gracefully walked into the room.

Her powerful presence brought chills down his spine.

Every time he has seen her, every time he can't help but admire her every feature and gesture all over again.

Giesbach got down on one knee and his right hand covered his heart. "I, Giesbach, humbly bow down to the Goddess Nyx."

Lilith gracefully took her place on the throne, "Rise."

Giesbach then stood up and gazed at Lilith obsessively. "I will begin to give the report."

Lilith nodded for him to continue. Giesbach then proceeded to describe every detail of what was occurring in the Demon Realm and clans.

"I see... Anything else?" She didn't have any comments. The report was basically the same as he explained last time.

"No, your divineness." Giesbach bowed.

"You may go now."

"Your divineness!" This was too short of a moment together. He wanted to be with her longer, so he frantically tried to come up with something while keeping a calm face.

"Was there something else?" She was getting tired of listening to his report, she wanted to take a nap. But, she is willing to be patient.

"If your divineness doesn't mind me asking, Why doesn't your divineness take a visit to the clans? It's been a long time since your divineness has gone out. I will personally assist you."

"It certainly has been a long time since I've seen the Demon Realm with my own eyes, but now is not the time that I go out. But, I appreciate your consideration."

Unfortunately, he couldn't spend any more time with her, but he felt so happy to receive praise from her that he'll just settle with this.
"I shall take my leave then, your divineness." He bowed respectfully. Lilith nodded, and Giesbach left.

...

Three days later...

In her library, Lilith was reading a book. Then she sensed another presence in her territory.
Carla's, but his presence felt depressing. It must've occurred again.

Just as Carla entered through the doors to the Eternite Castle, Lilith teleported right in front of him and immediately held him in her arms.
Her rosy scent calmed his depressed heart, he felt warm in her arms, he wished he could be held like this forever.

"You're so warm... I want to stay like this forever."

Then, she teleported them into her room.
She looked into his golden eyes and placed a kiss between his brows.

"Pain, pain, fly away." She caressed the sides of his face and brushed away his bangs.

He looked at her with gratefulness and love.
Carla continued to stay silent as she pulled him to her bed.

Carla's head lay on her lap as he hugged her waist. Lilith gently brushed his hair back giving comfort.

Finally after moments of peaceful silence, "I exceeded in my training and studies. Father tells me that I have to be cruel to succeed. I do everything he tells me to, yet, father isn't happy with me. Why is that?"

"Carla... you are amazing, you exceed your studies and training at such a young age. I am proud of you and will always be proud of you Carla, even if your father won't. Both your and Shin's happiness is my happiness." She also mentioned Shin because she didn't want to exclude him.

Carla was overjoyed to hear such words from her, but he wondered, "Why? Why is it just me and Shin, when it can be anyone else."

"Because you and Shin are like me. Lost, willing to do anything to be recognized for who you are. To tell you the truth, I also never knew the feeling of giving and receiving love until I met you and Shin. But, that's just going to be between us." Lilith winked as she held her index finger to her lips.

Gazing at her alluring red lips, Carla gulped his aliva. He suddenly felt hot and thirsty.

"Carla... "

"Hmm?" His voice sounded hoarse. Lilith didn't miss that, she felt a bit alarmed but continued on.

"Listen to yourself. If you feel that something is or isn't right then believe it. Don't listen to Giesbach just because he is your father. We will always be right and wrong, have flaws. No one is perfect. Do you understand my meaning?"

"Mmm, trust myself. Don't blindly believe the words of others."

Carla kissed the ends of her azure hair. The strands slipped between fingers, he felt satisfied at the silkiness.

He looked deep into her eyes and he made a vow, "Lilith, I will only love you, I will forever stay loyal to you. I will never, ever betray you. These are what I am most certain of."

Lilith was touched by his words, "Fufu, but, what about Shin. You can't forget about him."

"Haha, of course, I won't ever forget about him either." Carla chuckled.

Suddenly, Carla sat up and pushed Lilith down. Trapping her between his arms. His heated gaze lingered on her lips.

Seeing his gaze Lilith felt a bit embarrassed. Heat rose onto her cheeks.

The redness of her cheeks made her look adorable. Carla felt aroused. His chest heaved up and down as he breathes heavily.
He held her chin as he rubbed her lips with his thumb.

He moved in close, their lips nearly touching, then Lilith reversed the situation.

Carla laid on the bed and Lilith sat on top of him. He felt even more aroused and heated.
Lilith felt a bit of heat, but she couldn't let it happen.

Not this type of love.

She collapsed on his chest and covered his eyes with her hand.

"Get some rest, Today must've been tiring for you."

Before she covered his eyes, he saw her red face and ears.

She was truly too cute.

To hear her consideration for him made him happy, maybe she said it on impulse when she was bashful. But, it didn't matter to him.

What mattered now was that she was with him.