12. expensive bracelet

──── CHAPTER TWELVE, Expensive bracelet

FURIOUS WAS A SHORT WORD to what Kate was feeling in that moment since she left Sarah, you could see her anger by her walking and the way she was making a face. Besides that feeling, Katherine felt nervous and scared: nervous because she didn't know how to help Rafe and the second one because she was absolutely lost, she couldn't find her way back home, good thing it was still the day light otherwise I wouldn't end so good to her given the circumstance of where she was, it definitely looked way more different than John B's neighborhood. This one was worst━━if that can be possible. Not to be mean but it was scary with all the yard with zero attention from the owner and the houses (if that it can be called) looked abandoned, dirty and maybe animals would be living there.

Kate had her arms crossed, trying to protect herself wishing she had never followed Sarah and John B. She doesn't know what she regrets more; the fact that she did or that she indignantly left like she knew where she was going to find the exit from the place.

She could be mad at Rafe but right now was not the right moment to act like that. She had to call him. Kate immediately takes out her phone from her pocket but couldn't unblock it when an arm comes from behind and grab her by the waist while the other hand cover her mouth, dragging her to some of the old houses. Kate tried to keep the phone meanwhile she's uncontrollably moving, she went to some box classes so she knows the basics (kinda). Her elbow shoved into the man's stomach, leaving him out of air for a minute, when she turned around she noticed the guy who was trying to get her was the same who hurt her boyfriend.

"Now that's a hit, huh?" Barry groaned, his lungs begging for air. "What's a beauty like you doin' here? Where's your prince?"

"None of your business, what were you trying to do?" She had her fists prepare just in case.

"Tryin' to get your attention" Barry still on the ground trying to get on his feet.

"Is that how you get someone's attention? No wonder why you have scars" she aggressively responded, she was in no position to do it but she had to show him she wasn't scared of him━━ even if she actually is, she's seen what he has done to Rafe, she doesn't want to end up worse.

"Easy there, you're in my side of the island... don't forget it. You kooks think you own everything with mommy and daddy's money but how wrong you are, I could do anything to you right here right now and no one would know, doll" god, how she hated that nickname, she even would prefer the sarcastically 'princess' and 'Barbie' from JJ.

"I would like you to stop calling me that"

"See what I mean? You rich ass people always wanting to rule everyone"

"Listen, I don't know what's your problem but I have to go━━" Kate barely finished her sentence when she started to walk away a from Barry, the less time she was with him the better.