Chapter 44: Magic & Truth

The magic contract with Bellamira as my mentor began as soon as I agreed. There was no paper and pen to sign the contract fully.

"The contract will disappear when I have nothing else to teach. So the daisy flower mark will also disappear when the contract end or cut off at some point."

Bellamira explained how the contract work. I only nodded my head to answer her. My father has divine power flowing inside him. My mother has dark sorcery/magic inside her.

So it's like I am a child of dark and light in short. There is no saying that dark sorcery is illegal in Beresford. However, learning it can be quite dangerous.

The dark sorcery allows you to control human's mind and takes away your soul. The reason why it wasn't ban in Beresford, is because the dark sorcerer was one of the founder of the magic tower.

"Is it clear enough?"

"Yes."

"And one more thing before I teach you how to use magic, you must never use it in front of anyone. Not even your parents or close one."

Bellamira warned me sternly in a serious tone. I raised my eyebrow, asking her the reason why. Bellamira did not answer aside from patting my head said;

"Dear, once you're mature enough to know the reason, I know you'lo understand."

But I'm a 22 years old girl though, not gonna tell her about that.

"Then! How about we begin the lesson?"

The lesson began with how to feel mana inside you. The concentration is a REAL Problem. You need a complete silence and one hell of concentration.

However, Bellamira stated that once I master those, I won't need serious concentration like the beginning anymore. As long as you aren't bothered by your surroundings, you're good to go with it.

Bellamira lock the door and set a soundproof spell so that I won't be disturbed. However, she won't be using it the more I learn.

Thanks to my Super duper shut-in skill, I was able to focus without trouble. The peace inside me is real. It's like you're in a cave of silence with no sound but real peace.

But the peace did not last long as I heard the sound of birds chirping, my concentration broke.

"That was good for a beginner but you still have a way to go. You lost your whole concentration because of birds. You need to practice more and also practice by yourself."

"Yes, ma'am....."

I'm not a heroine like her so I can't master shit and lock in one day like this. And so, the training arc begins.

Return back to before Bellamira arrived at the Castle;

In the corridor of the holy temple, the sound of heels ring the whole area. There only the sound of fire cracking to sync with the sound of the footstep.

Bellamira, in her white dress, walked pass the man who stood against the wall. He had his head down, looking at the ground.

"Long time no see, Saintess..."

Bellamira stopped her movement and stare at the complete darkness straight ahead of her.

"I would be happy if you could just call me by my direct name. Congratulations, you just ruined my already unhappy mood."

Bellamira smirked at her own remarks while the man let out a small chuckle. He lift his head high up and move his legs.

"Well well, let's just get to the point. I need you to get the Grand Duchess's sit. I heard that the Key is with them. If not, then claim the empress throne or Magic's mistress."

"And if I don't, you'll kill me?" Bellamira's mouth widen to a terrifying smirk. Her amber eyes glow lightly.

"No, I would torture you and burn you alive."

"Haha, you think you could do that? My My, for a follower of god, you're quite a sinner. God won't be please to hear such words from your mouth, Father...no...fake Father..."

Her small laugh echoed the corridor, clashing with sound of fire cracking. Father's face tensed, he gave Bellamira a glare at her to shut up.

"Why do you think I would do that? I told you, I'm not interested in stealing Aphrodite's husband. Yet, you kept whining at me to steal from her. Let me tell you an interesting; I am not interested in becoming the Grand Duchess, Empress or Magic tower's mistress."

"Then what if I kill off their cute children-"

Before he could finish the whole sentence, Bellamira pulled out a dagger and place it beside his neck.

"What a fine reason to let me kill you...try to harm them or my friends, I'll let you know the real way of how the temple torture a sinner."

Bellamira's smirk turns into a grin. Her amber eyes glow brightly, telling the man that she isn't joking.

She lets him go and hide her dagger in her sleeve. After that, Bellamira disappeared into thin air.

Her disappearance was clearly not because of Aphrodite. She was indeed the one who pushed her into the river but it was the River of forgotten she fell into.

She thanks the river for it as it's the reason why it's protect Aphrodite's innocence. The river to erase one's memory related to the victim who fell into the river.

Dark sorcery is really terrifying just thinking about that. The ability to manipulate one's mind. To a sane person to an insane one.

If the council of 5 empires know about the Pope (Father) is a fake one and used dark sorcery, it'll become one of the biggest issues in the history.

Just to find the Key of reason, Necklace of Map and Quill of Truth. Do gods are interesting to visit?

Bellamira would like to know the answer as well.

Monday update :)

Huhu, so now there is a hint why Aphrodite pushed Bellamira? What do you think what happened inside the original novel after Bellamira became the Grand Duchess? "I miss you till these days"