Chapter 23

The battle with demons in the North was brutal. The demons were emboldened and ruthless, but thankfully, we were better. Lucky for us, it wasn't a very organized plan on the demons' part. I sighed and sat in the First Prince's tent to await debriefing after another long day of fighting. We'd been fighting for a month's time already, but the demons kept coming. I was one of the best warriors out there, but still, slaying demons all day was tiresome. The other generals sat as well as we waited for First Prince. It wasn't very long before he walked in and set his sword on the table.

"Good job today, but we need to quickly think of a strategy to end this for good. Our supplies are dwindling and we can't stay here fighting the whole time," First Prince said in frustration. I stood and looked at battle map.

"Here; right where the land stretches before the mountains. We can use internal energy bombs to create a long, deep trench. One that will simultaneously combust the oncoming demons. Demons can't use much energy outside of their realm. They won't be able to fly or jump. If we make the trench deep enough, they'll be stuck down there long enough for us to create an energy barrier at the edge of the trench, keeping the stuck on the other side. The downside would be that we would have to be willing to give up that small stretch of land," I offered. The First Prince thought for a moment before nodding.

"That could work, but I don't have the authority to give up the land. I'll send a letter to my Royal Father to ask permission," First Prince Atlas agreed.

"Everyone is dismissed. Princess General, I need you to stay back," he said. Everyone left leaving First Prince Atlas and I alone.

"Do you need something from me, First Prince?" I asked. He sighed before coming to stand in front of me.

"I noticed you getting more tired recently. You're easily fatigued. Even though you're still one of the best out there, your condition makes me uneasy. You should let me do a scan to make sure you didn't get hit with any demons' poison unknowingly," he offered. I nodded before sitting. First Prince gathered his internal energy before pointing his index and middle fingers at me. I closed my eyes patiently as his energy searched through me. He stopped and I opened my eyes to be met with his shocked face.

"There is something inside of you, but it is not at all what I was expecting. Did you elope with someone?" He asked. My eyes widened slightly before I did an internal search of my own body. After finding what he found, my eyes opened as my hand flew to my stomach. I knew this was part of the plan, but how could Yong's plan take effect right now; in the middle of the climax of the battle.

"I-I..." I stuttered.

"But you're unmarried. You haven't even been promised to anyone as far as I know. The only person I've seen you be close with was the Crown Prince. Are you pregnant with my brother's child?" The First Prince asked. I didn't know how to respond.

"This changes nothing. I'll still fight at my best, First Prince. You have nothing to worry about," I said quickly.

"That's not my concern. My concern is your well-being. If you are indeed carrying the Crown Prince's child, I can't let you go fight anymore. You need to focus on protecting the Royal bloodline," he explained. I stood quickly and bowed on my knees. I wasn't beyond begging.

"My godfather and Yong worked together for the sake of Yong and I. The Crown Prince and I have been in love for a long time, but I had no merit to my name. The god of gods internal energy, all-faction student, and Princess titles are only titles. I have nothing to show yet for my capabilities. How can I expect the Emperor and Empress to accept my relationship with the Crown Prince, with such shallow titles? First Prince, please do not send me away. I need my own achievements as well. Please don't tell anyone about this," I begged. He sighed, conflicted. I knew the Royal bloodline was precious, but I had my own plan as well. And I needed it even more so now.

"How about this: when I write my Royal Father, I'll make sure he knows that this plan is yours. You have to stay in camp for the fighting. If your plan is indeed accepted, you're to join on horseback and stay in the rear. I'll tell everyone that you're overseeing the plan since it's your idea and I'll be joining the frontlines for moral. I'll hang two soldiers back with you to protect you just in case anything goes wrong. I'll leave informing others about your condition to you," he thought out loud.

"Thank you, First Prince," I said gratefully. His hand touched my elbows gently.

"Stand up. You're royalty, and now pregnant as well. There's no need for you to kneel that deeply to me," he said awkwardly. I smiled gently as I curtsied to him.

"I'll go rest for the night. Please keep me updated," I asked. He nodded once before I left the tent to go back to my own. I sighed as I undid my armor and took off my boots to prepare for bed. Laying down, my hand subconsciously went to my stomach. Yong had his wish fulfilled. I was pregnant, but at the worse possible time.

"Oh baby, you're about to turn everything in the palace on its head. I'll protect you the best I can, but I might just end up losing my own life. Still, I'll try my best not to lose you... or Yong," I muttered out loud. I was half expecting not to see results after only a year. Even though I was extremely nervous and slightly scared, I was also happy. Being able to carry the child of the man I loved was a blessing to me. Plus, Yong talked about it so often, I had gotten used to the idea. If it was just Yong and I, and he wasn't in such a high position, I wouldn't be so stressed out, but Yong was the Crown Prince of Heaven.