➹ 𝐑𝐮𝐢

𝐑𝐮𝐢 𝐱 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧! 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫(𝐅𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞)
𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲: Aine_Megumi30

----------

"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐈 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭

"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐈 𝐛𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭. 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧," ¹

he whispered out as his parents wrapped their arms around his small body, how he was crying then as he continued to blame himself time and again for all that he had done, killing his parents, not understanding their intention.

Being manipulated by Kibutsuji Muzan then.

"It is all my fault, I'm sorry," he whispered out.

He was sitting alone on the patio after Muzan had left, his eyes remained wide opened then as he watched the snow falling. How it was a pretty colour, yet the scent of blood was strong as his parents laid dead behind him in the room where he was often taken care of when he was gravely ill.

His parents tried his best to give him everything, to ensure that he would live a good life and eventually recover, yet, when he was turned into a demon, he killed someone thus his father wanted to atone for the sins he had committed.

But he couldn't understand as he soon killed his father, followed by his mother then. And there he was, sitting alone as he looked up to where the snow was falling gently from the sky. A young boy, being turned into a demon.

What a tragedy that he didn't know of.

"Don't you feel lonely?" he heard a voice and he turned to look, his eyes widened as he looked at her who wasn't too far from him. Watching as she had a gentle smile on her face then as she soon appeared before him, her feet sinking into the snow.

"Don't feel lonely, I'm here," she spoke out and Rui could only then blink his eyes a few times. He knew she was a demon, given how her scent was that of a strong demon. He watched as she held her tiny hand out, which he soon reached out as well.

Placing his cold one into her cold one, she pulled him off the patio with ease, where his bare feet touched the snow. His eyes widened as the gentle smile continued to remain on her face then as she soon tilts her head a little.

"Let's be together, forever, Rui," she spoke out and Rui's eyes widened at the words she had used. Those words he had always wanted to hear from anybody, those who wouldn't give up on him when he was sick.

And this girl, whom he barely knew, spoke of his wishes as he nodded his head in response. How her touch made him feel at peace somehow as she pulled him along in the snow, where he often wasn't allowed to go to.

"Come on," she called out, and he could only then watch as his entire world started to turn dark, yet, she was present within the darkness as if she was guiding him somewhere safe.

Safe from everything else in the world.

"Rui?" she called out again as she watched as Rui entered the room she stayed in the house where the Spider Family lived in. Nobody dared to enter her room except for Rui, and often he would sleep in the same room as her.

Or go on a hunt, bringing her food then.

"I see that you are angry, Rui," she spoke out and Rui didn't bother to answer her as he walked to where she was, busy holding onto what seems to be a yukata that she was knitting from the webs that they produce.

He then easily pushed everything away as he laid his head on her lap, causing her to place the half-done item to the side. The usual gentle smile appearing on her face then as she patted the side of his head, and soon his small hand reached out to her small one.

Holding onto it tightly.

"I heard," she whispered out, and Rui wasn't surprised with how she was able to know what was going on in his mind. Whether he was angry or happy, she could tell the moment her eyes laid upon him.

She hummed a soft tune then, and Rui could only wonder then. Why was she turned into a demon too at such a young age as well, yet, the way she acted was far different from others.

"There, there now. Time to calm down and let the anger disappear. There is no point holding onto the anger, it only brings you unhappiness," she spoke out and Rui could only let out a sigh then as he sat up.

"You always talk about happiness, it's revolting," he spoke out.

"But you like it," she spoke out and Rui avoided her gaze then, and she could only smile as she gently ruffled his hair.

She watched as his body disappeared then, how she started to feel a feeling she never wanted to feel ever again. Yet, she could only turn and walk away as she tried to remain silent about her emotions.

How she hated these emotions she felt when she got attached to Rui. How he disappeared right before her eyes and she couldn't do anything to save him. Her eyes then looked up to the sky, watching as the sun has started to rise.

"Being a demon isn't fun anymore," she whispered out.

"Being a demon with human emotions made me different, but now I'm all alone again," she whispered out as she started to walk down the path, just as the sun started to rise. Her eyes then closed as she slowly let her arms spread out then.

Feeling the burning sensation as the first ray of sunlight hit her. She could hear her body burning away then as her lips slowly curled up into a smile then. She turned, just in time did she notice a Hashira was looking at her with his eyes wide opened.

She smiled gently as she waved goodbye to him.

And she soon disappeared into the darkness. She looked around, noticing how everything was dark, something she was used to. She turned, about to walk down the path that would lead her to hell then, only for her eyes to widen.

"You waited?" she asked, and he nodded his head as his parents were there, holding onto his hands as well. They smiled gently at her and let go of their son, watching as he ran up to her and engulfed her in a tight hug.

"𝐖𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, [𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞]!" ²

And somewhere in another timeframe, they were holding hands once again, running in the snow as they laughed with one another. And that's when they realized, they would always be together.

----------

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝

1. She was the most human of them all, the one who I would often run to whenever I was upset at the Spider Family I built. Despite her being demon, she had a more human side than anybody else I have known

2. We will always be together, [name]