The New Deal (Part 2)

Thank you so much @wonderluthor for requesting a part two!  Let me know if you want a part 3 too :) If you would like to request a chapter, feel free to DM me.

Somehow, you had made it to some kind of safe house, at least it was safe according to Daisy and you trusted her. It had turned dark by now, so it was easier to hide on the dark streets.

There was a small, heavy guy shouting at the three of you as you burst through the door. Coulson ignored him and laid the woman he was carrying, on the bar. Then he grabbed a cloth from behind the bar and handed it to you. ''Can you put pressure on her wound for me?''

You nodded, placing your small bag on a chair and taking your gloves off to prevent getting blood on them. Whatever they needed your help with, you were down. You knew him and Daisy needed to have a conversation about Freddy and whatever was up with him. 

''He's a target. Give me a reason.'' Coulson sounded frustrated with not knowing why not Roosevelt but Freddy was now the target, although his last name had probably something to do with that.

Without taking your eyes off of your hands, you chimed in. ''They're not after his father's money. When old man Malick jumped out that window, his debts were paid.'' 

Coulson stood next to you. ''His full name. What is it?''

You were confused on why that mattered, but answered him anyway. ''Wilfred Malick. Why?''

Daisy turned to Coulson, realization dawning on her. ''As in father of Gideon Malick? Future head of Hydra in America?''

''If the Chronicoms kill Malick, then Hydra is stamped out before it ever takes hold and S.H.I.E.L.D. is never formed.''

''So you're saying, to save S.H.I.E.L.D...'' Daisy started. 

''We have to save Hydra.''

You had no idea what SHIELD and HYDRA was, but the sigh Daisy let out after Coulson's statement said enough. 

You felt the need to smile at her encouragingly, which you did after she sat down next to you. From what you gathered from the rest of the conversation you didn't focus on, there were more of their friends coming, one of them being a doctor. 

''I'm sorry, this must all be very confusing for you,'' Daisy apologized as she watched you taking care of the bleeding woman.

''Don't worry, I will catch up,'' you smiled. ''Time travelers, secret organizations and inhuman security guards... Yes, I might need a crash course.''

Daisy chuckled at you, the stress in her eyes momentarily disappearing. ''All you need to know for now is we're the good guys and HYDRA are the bad guys.''

You dared take your gaze off your hands to look in her eyes. From the moment you did that for the first time back in the club, you knew you could trust her. After all those years in politics, you knew exactly who to believe. ''I had already figured that out.'' Daisy's eyes widened in surprise. ''I have met enough of New York's shady businessmen to know who is trustworthy and who is not.''

Daisy studied you for a minute, thinking about the limits you must have encountered in your lifetime. ''Must not be easy for you, being a woman in this time.''

You shrugged as if it didn't bother you. ''It has it's challenges, but I know what my worth is, even if they do not see it. Is it better where you are from?'' you asked after a pause.

''It is, but there is still a long way to go.'' Daisy looked down at her long dress, plucking at the shiny fabric. ''At least we're wearing pants in 2020.''