True Desire

~~~

"I am Shiranui Genma — the proctor for the finals of the Chunin Exams." Genma informed them. They all stood still and ready to be chosen to battle another opponent.

"There are no need for any further introductions. You all should know who you are fighting again. Is that correct?" Genma had a toothpick sticking out of his mouth.

They nodded and bowed just slightly down to show respect. "Good. Now, the first round of the Chunin Exams is. . ." There was a slight pause to add suspense to what he was going to say.

"Naga Rishu and Jin Shirai! Please stay in the battle field. Whoever's name that was not called, go to the stands." Genma ordered them with a firm tone. They all nodded and silently went away. All the people that was left standing were Rishu and Shirai.

Shirai was against arguably the most prodigal Kumo-nin that Kumogakure has seen in decades — Rishu was just that talented in the arts of the Shinobi.

The two stood on opposite sides, readying themselves for battle. Their eyes locked, determination engraved in each of their own eyes. The two got into their own respective stances.

"I want a clean and honest fight. If you disobey these rules, you're disqualified and the opposing person shall win the round. Am I understood?" Explained Genma as he looked at both sides with equal amount of time.

"Understood," said Rishu and Shirai. While Rishu was the top student in the academy at Kumo, Shirai was close to the top of the scale and could be considered one of the best genin that Konoha managed to produce THIS current year.

"Good. When I say the magic word, you two can start." Genma told them. He got a pair of nods to signal him that the two contestants understood what he was trying to say. Genma waited for a few more seconds.

"Begin," said Genma, backing away from the two. He saw the two just circling around each other — waiting for the opposing party to make a move. But, there was none that was being made.

The audience waited in anticipation, watching their every move with sharp eyes. In a split second, they had the same thought going through their mind. And was. . .

To fight!

The two started to rush towards each, with the very intent to win the match with an overwhelming victory. But, this won't be as easy as they want it to be. They made contact and had their opposite forearms clash against each other.

Shirai made note that their physical strength is eerily similar to one another. This did not stop him from going in and making a break for another attack. But, this time it was a kick.

As the kick shredded the air around them, Rishu reacted to this very quickly and jumped back. He noticed that Shirai was not going to back down and stop the pressure.

I'll have to make him back off. Just one blow is enough to create some time. Rishu thought, analyzing Shirai to the extreme degree. He once again rushed towards Shirai. Rishu dodged a spinning kick to the head by ducking down. He tried to sweep Shirai down to the ground, but failed due to Shirai reacting quick enough.

Shirai took advantage of Rishu's current position and aimed his leg for a stomp to Rishu's own leg. But, like every other attack, Rishu also dodged this one.