19

What the fuck have I just walked into?

To set one thing straight, I'm more than overjoyed to know that Evie didn't purposely give me a fake number.

Honestly the relief that washed over me was unmatchable. I had genuinely convinced myself that my little over excitement must have pushed her away.

I really need to learn how to control myself a little more, I blame the wine entirely.

And those eyes of hers.

When I had sent her a message, explaining how I had a wonderful evening and was hoping to do it again soon just to receive a notification saying 'number not recognised', I was a little hurt to say the least.

But thankfully it was a misunderstanding.

Admittedly, I have been hanging around this coffee shop for the past couple days in hopes to run into her again.

That way I'd be able to ask what actually happened. Despite the fact I had no clue what to say at all, what was I supposed to say.

I've done it now, without thinking of course.

The words kind of just tumbled out of my mouth, and I am beyond grateful she didn't reply with something along the lines of her genuinely not enjoying the date.

I was incredibly worried she felt pressured to what went down in the bedroom. I'm always hung up on things like that.

Not only because I know about how often girls feel pressured, but you also hear all these stories about how celebrities pressured people into doing things they didn't want to. And my biggest fear is that one day someone might just make a claim about me.

So to me consent is serious. And despite what some assholes might believe, yes doesn't always mean they want to.

But now I have run into her, and figured out that the whole number issue was a mishap, I'm not sure what to do next.

Not after walking into what appears to be an argument between her and Esme.

Did I cause this argument?

I can't describe exactly what I've just witnessed, but from what I've gathered, the infamous Esme has just stormed out of this café because she is mad at Evie because I was in her bed.

I'm usually good at understanding arguments, and I find myself to be quite the problem fixer.

But this. This is something I can't even wrap my head around.

And now Evie looks... I can't even pin the exact word for it.

Defeated?

In hopes of cheering her up, or even just figuring out what just happened between them, I chose to walk around to the empty seat where Esme was sitting only moments ago.