• 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 •

𝐭𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜 | 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐭 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫: 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

     Trust Issues. I know that he doesn't fucking like me.

     "Acting, darling. ever heard of it?" His voice bounced back and forth inside my head.

     It was a long, awkward pause between the two of us. He was drawing circles on the floor as I looked at him whilst hugging my knees close to my chest.

     He sighed. "So, are you feeling better now?"

     "Guess so," I replied weakly. The leftover tears that I've had drained down into my nose. "Now that you showed me your soft side, I wouldn't be surprised if you treat me like a stranger again."

     "You know, I regret being like that." He glanced at me and smiled weakly.

     "No shit, Tom." I wiped my nose with the back of my palm.

     "I'll prove it." He insisted. "I'll change my attitude from now on."

     "You shouldn't make promises you can't keep, Thomas." I looked away in disappointment. "I'm not falling for any of your bullshit."

     "Okay I blame myself for you having trust issues but how about you give me a chance?" He asked. I wasn't looking at him yet I could feel his line of vision on me.

     "I'll give you like a fuckin' week. Don't do anything that could make me think you're an absolute asshole again." I warned, darting my eyes back at his blue ones. For some reason, I felt something in my stomach when he smiled at me. It felt so sincere and innocent I could immediately forgive all of what he's done to me these past few months.

     "Hm," He said. "At least smile back for me?" He grinned.

     "Hilarious," I rolled my eyes and wiped my whole post-crying face with a random towel left by the bedpost. "You can leave now."

     "Oh," He furrowed his eyebrows for a split second. "Alright then."

     And with that, he left.

     As the door closed I felt alone again. It was almost as if Tommy was radiating so much cheerful personality when he left and now it's gone.

     I don't care, though.

     Sighing, I grabbed the plate Tommy delivered to my room and sat on the inflatable couch in front of the television, which was playing Adventure Time.

     The door slammed open but I was too caught up with the episode while eating my lunch. I looked back to know who it was and to my surprise, it was Tommy again.

     "What's up, bitch?" He laughed. He was carrying a plate of his lunch.

     Is he going to do what I think he's about to do?

     "Let's eat lunch together and watch Adventure Time." He smiled and closed the door behind him.

     The couch was perfect for two people only so I kind of scooted a little away from him when he sat beside me. Putting his plate on the table in front of us, he started eating.

     "Why are you here exactly?" I asked with a hint of annoyance.

     "What do you mean?" He replied with his mouth full of food. "I want to get to know you."

     "Google my name and see it for yourself, hun." I rolled my eyes.

     It was the quickest 10 minutes of my life. Voices of Finn and Flame Princess were the only sounds breaking our silence.

     "Hey," Tommy caught my attention. "In the next few seconds, Finn is going to tell Flame Princess what he feels. That's what I feel about you too." He said and averted his eyes from mine.

     "I'm not trying to. I just like you. I think I... I think I like-like you," Finn confessed to the flaming girl right in front of him.

     He sighs. "Listen, when I look at you, my brain goes all stupid and I just wanna hug you, sit on the couch, and play BMO with you. I can't explain why, but, I never felt this way before and I think we should be together." I looked at the television, then back to Tommy.

     He was in a shade of pink.

     "Bro," I stuttered. "You like me?" I asked. Suddenly I felt my heart race but my mind told it not to.

     "I think based on what Finn said," He ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah, I like you just as much as Finn likes the princess in the cartoon."

     "I.." I breathed. "I don't know what to say."

     "It's alright," He half chuckled. "At least you know why I'm being mean to you in these past days." He smiled and ruffled my hair as he stood up to return the plates downstairs.

     "Tommy," I called out when he was about to reach for the doorknob. "Thank you, by the way." I looked back at him, smiling.

     "For what?"

     "You listened to my bullshit rant about you and I was surprised that you actually want to change your attitude on behalf of me."

     "If that's the way to get to your heart, then why not?" He winked and left the room.

     I returned my attention to the television, but somehow I couldn't focus on it.

     That damned wink.

     Maybe he actually likes me?

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

     Does Tommy actually like you or nah? 🤔 That's not foreshadowing I promise, it's a genuine question lmao

VOTE! ⭐
COMMENT! 💬
FOLLOW! 👥
     if you cried when Tommy was exiled

887