Chapter 2*

Beacon hills high school (your POV)

I'm sitting in a car with Lydia on our way to school. That morning I had woken up, thinking this had all been a dream. But that had been shot down quickly when I saw that I was still in that same bedroom as I had been the night before. When I had gotten ready, lydia's mother had given me a kiss and had wished me good luck on our first day back at school. That moment had been awkward for me, cause I knew she wasn't really my mother. But I had played along for my own sake and so had ended up in the same car as my 'sister'.

"You're quiet... you ok?" Lydia asks. The car is standing at a stop light and she's looking over at me with a worried expression. "Just tired, that's all." I answer with a forced smile. Somehow I know that Lydia isn't going to let me off that easily. A memory suddenly comes to me that Lydia always tried to push answers out of me. She did this because she cared about me and didn't want to see me hurting.

"You weren't writing in your diary again, were you?" she asks, reclaiming my focus. "My diary?" I ask confused. Sure I love to write, but I have never kept a diary before. "Don't play stupid. I know mom doesn't know you have one, but i found that book years ago. Remember?" she asks, continuing to drive to school. "Are you sure you're ok? You're acting weird." She says, having that same worry on her face as the night before.

"Yeah i'm fine, i just forgot that you knew about it... that's all." I say, which makes her hum at me. "You would tell me if something was wrong, right?" she asks me, while parking the car. This shocks me a bit, this doesn't seem like the Lydia from the first season at all. She looks caring and sweet. "Yeah, of course Lydia, you know I would." I say, making her smile at me.

"Ok, well let's go." she says happily. She gets out of the car and waves her clique over to us. When we are walking towards the entrance of the school, I see Scott and Stiles having a conversation. I know what it's about obviously.

For the first time I'm actually kind of excited that this is happening to me. I always liked Scott and Stiles and the friendship they have. I make a mental note to try and befriend them later on. When we are passing them, I know what stiles is about to say. That is the only downfall about this all, I will have to watch him pine over Lydia from up close now.

"No, man, I wish. I'm gonna have nightmares for a month." I hear Scott say when our group is getting closer. "Oh, god, that is freakin' awesome. I mean, this is seriously gonna be the best thing that's happened to this town since—" stiles says, losing his train of thought when he notices us walking. "Since the birth of Y/N Martin." He says, which makes me stop dead in my tracks.

"Hey, Y/N! You look—" he starts, but stops immediately when I interrupt him. "What?" I ask, looking straight at Stiles. Scott and Stiles both stare at me with wide eyes and with their mouths a little open. "Uhm-i-uhm-it-" stiles tries to say, but no real words are forming.

"Sorry, I thought you said my name." I say, rethinking what I had heard just now. He had probably said Lydia's name and I'm now making a fool out of myself. When Stiles and Scott are still both staring, unable to respond, Lydia calls me over "Y/N, you coming?" She asks. I nod her way and turn myself back to the two boys who are still just staring at me. "See you later." I say, giving them a small smile and wave.

When I have walking away and have rejoined Lydia and 'my' friends, I can still hear Scott and Stiles with my werewolf hearing. "Omg, did you just see that!" Stiles exclaims, shaking Scott. "She noticed me! This will be the best year ever!" he continues with glee, making his best friend smile.

"Told you this year would be different!" Scott starts with a nod, "I will make the team, you get noticed by y/n." he says. I decide to stop listening in after that. "So, i didn't hear it incorrectly." I think. He had said my name instead of Lydia's. "Does that mean he has a crush on me and not her?" I think to myself again. I don't know how I feel about that. Of course he is cute, but I have never thought about him in that way. Plus he is a character from a show, I don't really know how he is in real life. Maybe he still has a crush on Lydia and just said my name this once?... I shrug my shoulders and keep walking.