fourteen

"do want some peach mango pie?" renjun asked when he was looking at the menu board of the fast food chain they were in.

seri, being a peach enthusiast, nodded while beaming. "i'll get us a seat then."

planting a quick kiss at her boyfriend's cheek, she proceed to look for a free table for them to occupy.

it has been almost a month when they started dating and seri didn't have anything to complain about renjun. he was such a kind boyfriend and seri's happy.

the both of them like to read books so every saturday they usually go to a public library to study together.

"i was thinking about dying my hair, what do you think?" seri said abruptly in the middle of their lunch.

renjun scanned her face, "honestly, wouldn't it be a culture shock? i mean you're jung seri."

the girl shrugged. "i was just thinking...  anyways, i still don't have any song ideas for the dance..."

"when is that dance again? it's with donghyuck, right?" renjun took a sip on his drink while his eyes were fixated on her.

seri nodded her head, "on the first day of foundation day." then she proceeds to pour the gravy over her rice.

"donghyuck does that also," renjun prompted. "by the way, what do you want to do after this?"

swallowing her food, she wipes the sauce on the edge of her lips. she was a little confused with her boyfriend's question. she thought she have already told him about her plans.

"haven't i told you? i have practice... in school with hyuck."

the male nodded slowly. maybe she have told him yet he his mind drifted away again. he was really preoccupied this days. then, he remembered something.

"hyuck has a race this afternoon... did he agree with today's practice?"

seri furrowed her brows, "ms. kang told us to start today and i told him that we're practicing the whole afternoon..."

"he'll probably ditch you," renjun told her, "knowing that he even borrowed na jaemin's brother's car."

it made her snort. "give your friend the benefit of the doubt!"

"okay..." renjun sighed, "just give me a call when he ditches you. i'll fetch you asap."

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

when seri twisted the doorknob of the practice room, she slipped her phone from her pocket. she got inside the room first before composing a message to donghyuck that she's already there.

then she remembered renjun's words.

"why did i even get my ass here?" she hissed.

opening her phone, she composed a message to dongsook to ask for her twin's whereabouts.

sookie
   not sure but he's at jaemin's

oh. so he's really borrowing jaemin's bro's car... seri bit her lower lip.

sookie
   y r u even asking

me
i told him that we're   
having a prac   

me
renjun told me he  
has a race smth  

sookie
   then the practice is cancelled

me
but im already here!?!   

sookie
   hyuck takes his race srsly
   just go home bestie

sookie
   mark wants to facetime gtg

me
i thought chicks before dicks?!   

me
i am sooo dIsApPoInTeD   

seri blew out her cheeks. she toyed with her hair as she was slightly frustrated with herself because she still decided to wait for another 20 minutes.

she tried calling him multiple times yet he didn't even answer a single call.

"i'm such a fool. why did i even wait?" she  groaned.

dusting herself up, she swipe her phone open. dialling renjun's number as she brought her phone to her ear. after three rings, renjun answered the call as she heard the the door swung open.

"so, should i fetch you now?"

seri's eyes fixated at the male who just entered the room with his palms on his knees. he was catching his breath as if he ran his way to come here.

"seri?"

she had almost forgot she was on the phone. "oh... no babe, he's here."