Chapter 4*

Perserve (Your POV):

I walk into the woods, trying to find Derek. I hear something behind me and see him standing there. "My name is Derek, you're y/n, right?" he asks, walking closer to me. "You said you wanted to talk?" I ask, not wanting to know how he knew my name. "Yes, there is an alfa in this town killing people. I don't know if he is the one who turned you or not." He says, actually being more friendly than portrayed on tv.

"I don't know, i've been like this for 2 years now. I don't think it was him." I say, wanting to change the conversation to something that isn't me. "Still, I could use your help tracking it. i could also use your help getting Scott to listen to me, so he can help as well." he says, looking over his shoulder like he is hearing something. I hadn't heard anything because I was too focused on what he was telling me.

"Sure, I'll help." I say, trying to contain the glee i'm feeling. This adventure is finally about to start and I'm being pulled into the action. "Scott is here, come." he says to me, guiding me to where Scott is waiting for him.

"Where is she?" Scott asks, clearly pissed off at Derek. He then looks at me and confusion overtakes the anger on his face. "Y/n? what are you doing here?" he asks confused. "I'm like you Scott." I say, finally throwing it out there. "What? For how long?" he asks. "Wait, first you tell me where she is!" he then immediately says, pointing towards Derek.

"She's safe... from you." Derek says. He suddenly hears something and I hear it too. I know the hunters are coming. Derek pushes Scott against a tree and tells him to be quiet. "Shh, quiet. Too late. They're already here. Run." Derek then says. He grabs my hand and starts pulling me to safety.

Scott, not understanding what is going on, takes a beat to catch on. This distraction ends up working against him when a flash-bang arrow flied past him, blinding him momentarily. As he recovers, another arrow is shot at him, which goes through his left forearm and pins him to the tree. Suddenly, a group of three middle-aged male Hunters steps out of the shadows, with the leader, Chris, holding a crossbow aimed right at Scott while Derek and I watch from a distance behind a tree.

"Stay here" Derek says to me, sneaking towards Scott to save him. "Take him." Chris says. Before the Hunters can move, Derek knocks out the two closest to him, leaving Chris outnumbered. Taking advantage of the distraction, Derek pulls the arrow out of Scott's arm, causing him to roar in pain. "AHHHH!"

The two quickly run away towards me, and when Chris finishes checking on his men, he looks back at the tree to find that Scott is now gone. Once Derek, Scott and I have run far enough away from the Hunters to feel that the coast is clear, Scott, now in his human form, falls to his knees as he recovers from the overwhelming combination of transforming into a Werewolf, believing Allison to be in danger, finding out that I was a werewolf and being shot by Hunters. 

He looks at Derek with an expression of anger, hurt, and betrayal then he looks at me with a look of sorrow and confusion. "Who were they?" Scott asks. "Hunters" I say. I want to explain further when I see Scott's face, but I'm interrupted by Derek. "The kind that have been hunting us for centuries." He continues.

Scott glares furiously at Derek. "Us? You mean you! You did this to me!" Scott yells. "Y/n, did he do this to you too?" he then asks, holding onto my arm. "No it wasn't him, i've been like this for 2 years now." I tell Scott, trying to diffuse the situation. Scott looks at me with a sad look in his eyes, he then nods showing me he understands.

"Is it really so bad, Scott? That you can see better? Hear more clearly? Move faster than any human could ever hope? You've been given something that most people would kill for. The Bite is a gift." Derek says, earning another glare from Scott. "I don't want it." Scott says, now walking away and pulling me with him.