76. Drill

Omniscient pov

"Sit down son " she says " let's talk"

Von looks at her confused , then slowly sits down in the seat next to her . "Wassup gmaw what I do ? "

She laughs a little and shakes her head " nothing baby , I just wanted to check on you , you don't ever call the house anymore "

"I know maw I just been busy getting this music thing rolling and trying to become a family man you know " Von sighs and maw smiles at him .

"A family man huh ? What you know about that boy ?" She asks him . Von shrugs his shoulders and start to think . "You thinking about starting a family ? "

"Well -"

"Oh my god is she pregnant?" Maw gasps holding her chest and Von quickly shakes his head knowing that maw is going to overreact.

"No " Von answers "well maybe " He mumbles.

"Boy " she exhales " what do you mean maybe ? "

"There's a good possibility she could be , we just haven't took a test " he admits . Vons been thinking that Kennedys been pregnant for a while now . He just never brought it up again because of what happened the last time they talked about it .

He's been wanting her to take a test so He can stop worrying about it but Was scared of what the outcome could be . If it's negative he would be mad as hell because He's been shooting for a little boy and been mentally preparing himself to be a father . But if it's positive and she tells him she doesn't want to keep it he's going to be even more upset and it's going to ruin their relationship. So its a really a tricky Situation for him to figure out .

Maw looks at him concerned and grabs his hand. " Von do you think your ready to have a baby ? Honestly? " she asks him really wanting to hear his answer .

Maw never thought she would see the day when Von went from a boy to a man . But ever since Kennedys been involved she's seen an evolution in him and it made her so proud . Maw knew that if Kennedy could make him actually want to have a child , that it was nothing but Jesus himself working .

Von stops to think before he answers her then nods his head . "Yeah , I really do " he starts " it might sound crazy cause I'm young and shit -" he stops to correct himself " young and stuff but I can't picture myself with nobody else but Ken , she den already did more for me then most people did that I knew forever. So why not make her my wife and have a couple babies " he shrugs and maws eyes shoot up .

"Wife ? You thinking about marriage to ?" She asks shocked and he nods . "Wow , who would have thought lil Von the demon seed would be all grown up like this " she smiles at him and he laughs .

" I was a lil demon wasnt i ? " he asks shaking his head and she burst into laughter .

"Boy you was a mess " she sighs "I was at the school everyday one semester to pick you up for fighting , cussing out a teacher , or harassing people " she shakes her head

"Folks used to try me man " he reminds her "most of the time I wasn't even fighting for me , it was for Kayla or my folks "

"I know , you've always been protective over her " she says and he nods "I'm so proud of you Dayvon "

"For what ?" He asks

"For making it out " she answers "when I kicked you out I was so scared and felt terrible . I didn't want to leave you on the street alone to fend for yourself but the route you was heading in I know you would either end up dead or keep going in and out of jail like you were doing already . " she pauses to exhale